Whats on your workbench???

3 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Those teleshifts are weird looking beasts,  fantastic build, not seen this one before

theres a topic somewhere, fully working,swapable bucket/fork/pallet tines, if i had time a beet bucket and a flat 8 grab . sure they became matbro for a very short while when they bought them out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

theres a topic somewhere, fully working,swapable bucket/fork/pallet tines, if i had time a beet bucket and a flat 8 grab . sure they became matbro for a very short while when they bought them out

Time is so short isn’t it. I have so many good intentions, when I do get the odd hour I’m normally too knackered to have a go! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Time is so short isn’t it. I have so many good intentions, when I do get the odd hour I’m normally too knackered to have a go! 

That is so true Alastair, and where I've been today has made me realise that even more, but never mind, make the most of every minute.......and the race is still on!;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 844john said:

That is so true Alastair, and where I've been today has made me realise that even more, but never mind, make the most of every minute.......and the race is still on!;)

Oh hope everything ok John. You’d better ease up a bit or it won’t be much of a race! 

Just trying to weigh up if I should use donor jcb. Certain bits would lend themselves, albeit not 100% accurate but reducing hours required.

Are you going 100% scratch ?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Oh hope everything ok John. You’d better ease up a bit or it won’t be much of a race! 

Just trying to weigh up if I should use donor jcb. Certain bits would lend themselves, albeit not 100% accurate but reducing hours required.

Are you going 100% scratch ?  

No, I'm right as rain thanks Alastair, just a very sad occasion yesterday which puts your own so called problems into perspective. I think the majority will be scratch built, depending on how it goes! You're right about the JCB, I had a look myself and scale wise it's about spot on

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Just had a sort out this morning, what's on my workbench? The words "too much" spring to mind, but I'm sure I'm not the only one!

WP_20180714_08_26_49_Pro.jpg

Nonsense, there is room for another one top right. A very impressive batch of half finished models john. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Nonsense, there is room for another one top right. A very impressive batch of half finished models john. 

I gave up by then Martin, there's still more lurking in the cupboard! That's the trouble, they're all "half finished", at least there'll be something to do when the dark nights come!;)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Just had a sort out this morning, what's on my workbench? The words "too much" spring to mind, but I'm sure I'm not the only one!

WP_20180714_08_26_49_Pro.jpg

Much respect!! Good to see someone with equal lack of focus! I notice that matbro is marching on very quickly!

ive started mine, in that I’ve opened the jcb tm and looked at it :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Much respect!! Good to see someone with equal lack of focus! I notice that matbro is marching on very quickly!

ive started mine, in that I’ve opened the jcb tm and looked at it :D

So true Alastair, my problem is that I'm constantly thinking of new ideas for things I'd like to build, and all of them are much more exciting than the ones that I've already started!:D Oh, and I'm in envy of your kitchen, my better half doesn't share my love of models in the house at the best of times!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Whilst we are on the topic, not quite sure how I’ve got away with this in the kitchen!!

2B6ACD63-6992-4A5F-91BC-36544055E1D7.jpeg

Autodrome 1454:wub::wub: One of those is top of my hit list!!

I also wouldn't get away with them in my kitchen. 

• Like 3

Challenge Time.

Pick two half finished models from your workbench, and commit to getting them finished by October 1st.

I'll pick my two next week after I finish this job.

Edited by SPN
  • Like 3

I used proper strip wood on my petitti trailer , smaller trailer mind , and it was worth it , but also a pain to do , but theres a few really good videos on youtube on how to make plastic sheet look like wood planks and wood textures along with the best paints to use for proper wood effect finish . 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

I used proper strip wood on my petitti trailer , smaller trailer mind , and it was worth it , but also a pain to do , but theres a few really good videos on youtube on how to make plastic sheet look like wood planks and wood textures along with the best paints to use for proper wood effect finish . 

Cheers for that Sean,this looks like a very good video,'specially as the guy is working in 1/35th scale,plus he has another two video's,that come up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IbGvKSwK4g

Regards

Joe.

5 hours ago, SPN said:

Challenge Time.

Pick two half finished models from your workbench, and commit to getting them finished by October 1st.

I'll pick my two next week after I finish this job.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, two is a bit strong though !! :D