Whats on your workbench???

Did you cut the bonnet length down for that 4455?   The 4955 / 4755s  were half a metre longer than 4455, 4255, 4055 models which is a lot!

Putting a 4455 decal on a 4755 is the same as  rebadging a TW35 with a TW15 decal :of

With regard to the mudguard modification, Ive seen a couple of other convos the same as yours (and mine) so I know its been done before 8)

The 4455 is not a rebadged 4755 it is a new bonnet and front end casting which has been measured off a real JD 4455 and I have researched that apart from exhaust and air cleaner placement all the bonnets up to the larger JD 4650,4850,4755,4955 etc are the same size (4440,4055,etc) JD in the states has a very good on line workshop manuals dating back many years plus I have also talked with Nick young to confirm this. I Loved these old SG2 cabbed tractors as used to work along side them as the ploughing contractors used 4240s,4440 hyd front wheel drive 4455 and then the larger 4755.

• Like 2

Thankyou for putting up the FULL picture of the 4455 Martyn, which is absolutely superb :).................I had seen pictures on the NL farmmodels website of a rebadged 4755 as a 4450 and that hadn't seen a bonnet change!!   Your 4455 clearly has received the bonnet change and is far superior to the UH Ford cabbed TW15 with the  force 1 rear fenders fitted ::)...........and yes I know that the correct fenders on the smaller 7810, 6810 etc cant be fitted to a TW because of the different floor pans which is a real stumbling block for us conversionists :

What I find surprising Martyn is that you don't promote your custom SG2s ???.............That 4455 is spot on, I would definitely have been in touch if I knew it was available to order :)

finally found some time to get some paint onto the new 699 bonnet, also altered the wheels for the front ,  and cut the chassis out etc to get my rough position for the bodywork, mostly chassis work to do on it now, unsure whether to leave it as the uh linkage, fit a pma one I have or a spare weise toys one ???, chassis is from a broken mf 3080, with the front axel bought back a bit and the front cut away , looks a lot better visually to me now, rears are uh 1200 ones, on the real ash tree all of our tractors had the same hubs and tyre sizes bar the 290, hence my reason for using these
P1020490_zpsye1dfsrt.jpg
P1020491_zpsf05caknh.jpg

• Like 3

sean,you need to use masking tape around the nose cone ;) ,looking good though so far

i haven't painted that bit yet, I did have the front grill in place and masked ,as I could t get it off and was worried about breaking it , but dropped it and it came off in one price ok anyway , hence the black showing where it pulled the red away , luckly it only took the edges and not back onto the panel otherwise a full respray would have been needed , so I can retouch it up properly using approved expert methods , perhaps I won't bother posting any more pics, afterall I never said at any point it was finished yet, and some people just love to find fault no matter what , not having a good day here at work as you can tell 😡
  • Like 3