Whats on your workbench???

On 2 January 2016 at 4:30 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Also got the loader frame sorted , had to strengthen the chassis mount with a brass rod, at the moment this is as high as it will go,I bought cheap magnetic tool as my usual ones weren't on eBay,and sadly I can not adjust the internals like I normally do, so I am hunting down my usual supply's , they have a lot better copper I fills, so can be cut down better , last job was to level and screw fit the floor pan on the 6600 , ,this just need a top link fitted,along with the cab floor finished properly with he hump, plan is to spray the bonnet and loader at the same time, I have also considered putting larger rears on the 66 back end, ,also needs custom made steps as the planned britains ones are to wide and do not fit to the floor pan properly 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sean ...They look fantastic.. Really like the 6600 & the 5000 with the Fieco cab .  Stunning work.. I was thinking of doing a 5600 the same way ...but never got around to it.. Top job . 

17 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Sean ...They look fantastic.. Really like the 6600 & the 5000 with the Fieco cab .  Stunning work.. I was thinking of doing a 5600 the same way ...but never got around to it.. Top job . 

The 6600 may yet be a 7600 , have bigger front tyres on it now and a set of rears sat awaiting a top coat of white , again bigger tyres ,also got a tall air filter on it now,nothing's set yet, just tinkering with it at present 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

The 6600 may yet be a 7600 , have bigger front tyres on it now and a set of rears sat awaiting a top coat of white , again bigger tyres ,also got a tall air filter on it now,nothing's set yet, just tinkering with it at present 

I would leave the 6600 as it Sean & start a whole new 7600 separate ..That 6600 is a beaut.. Them 38 rears really set it off along with the front axel..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I would leave the 6600 as it Sean & start a whole new 7600 separate ..That 6600 is a beaut.. Them 38 rears really set it off along with the front axel..

What Justin said.

That's way too nice to scrap.

Have you thought of re-doing your 7600-FOUR using the UH 6X chassis?

• Like 1

My first SCALEdown project continues.

I really enjoyed the build. Some parts were very challenging (diff lock pedal, fuel filter), but was great to finally get it put together.

The painting was a different story. Most of it worked out very well, and I learned a lot. Was surprised at how easy it was to do some of the finicky details.

But the red bonnet just refused to come to heel.

20160107_141033_zps3g2wfkfh.jpg

It does look well beside its cousin the 165 though.

20160107_141127_zpsyvldbifk.jpg

Going to try a County or a Roadless next.

35 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Very good effort Stan. Looks nice, decals going on ? or aren't you going to bother.

Thanks Chris.

I'm going to leave the decals and final detailing/gluing for now. I think I will be coming back to address the paint job on the bonnet at a future date.

44 minutes ago, smithy said:

That looks a good model if it is the first one you have done well done

Thanks Smithy.

ps: Could you hint to your friend Mr Reeve that a MF1135 would be an excellent addition to his range of exquisite model tractors. Thx. :P

• Like 1

On 6 January 2016 at 1:36 PM, SPN said:

What Justin said.

That's way too nice to scrap.

Have you thought of re-doing your 7600-FOUR using the UH 6X chassis?

It's an option Stan,have another ford5000 sat here, is that a 6x chassis ,I can never remember, or would that be a 10 series uh base ?? 

As for your mf ,that looks really nice, I may yet try one myself, painting always puts me off,you do all the hard work building it,from a kit or scratch and that can mess it up just like that.

2 hours ago, SPN said:

Thanks Chris.

I'm going to leave the decals and final detailing/gluing for now. I think I will be coming back to address the paint job on the bonnet at a future date.

I wouldn't worry Stan, it looks o.k. This brings us to the debate we have had on this forum amongst ourselves about painting or spraying a model. I just can't get on with painting by hand, I just can't seem to get the paint to take and eliminate the brush marks. I don't airbrush undercoat anymore, I use an automotive ( halfords) primer. For top coat Stan, if you wanted to try the spraycan route, I am sure you could find an automotive colour match that's near as dam it for your model. 

A little tip for your waterslide decals. Dab some water onto the tractor and With a matchstick, slide the softened decal  off the paper it comes on straight onto the wet area where it is going to be placed, you will find that it will float about and with your matchstick you can place it where it needs to go and then just press down with a tissue or kitchen towel to dry. I hope this makes sense.

• Like 3

Well after our normal Sunday swimming with the grandkids I finally got back in the shed, bit cold mind even with the heater on,so no paint for the ford 6600 ,but I did make the steps ready , and a couple of recent scrap buys for a project linked to this ,I got back to this at last,the armer salmon beet harvester, got the pick up arm sort of in place,along with a rough framework for the discharge shoot and the cleaner wheel positions, after a lot of pondering I think I have a way to make the cleaners myself now,and not use the Siku ones I had planned to, time will tell, hopefully get some time in the evenings even if it's just an hr,depends on the weather 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Well after our normal Sunday swimming with the grandkids I finally got back in the shed, bit cold mind even with the heater on,so no paint for the ford 6600 ,but I did make the steps ready , and a couple of recent scrap buys for a project linked to this ,I got back to this at last,the armer salmon beet harvester, got the pick up arm sort of in place,along with a rough framework for the discharge shoot and the cleaner wheel positions, after a lot of pondering I think I have a way to make the cleaners myself now,and not use the Siku ones I had planned to, time will tell, hopefully get some time in the evenings even if it's just an hr,depends on the weather 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The beet lifter looks like it is going to be a cracking looking build. Is the sledge in the background a new one?

4 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Not a new one as such,just in progress, need to finish something at the rear end gate then I can paint that up to,luckily it's a hand paint job so not weather reliant ,just one of a long list of numbers to finish, there's five on those pics alone 

Yes, the more I say I'm going to get things ive started to build finished off, the more I seem to start. 

• 2 weeks later...

I between the beet harvester,I have also sorted the pto shaft  for the muck spreader, is fully extendable and fits magnet icky,so I can swap it between models , once yellow I can ream the inner sleeve down so it slides ok painted ,also got a bit more done on the cook bale sledge 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2