Whats on your workbench???

16 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I’ve been having a go at dry stone walling. Trying to avoid it looking too neat so it looks like it’s been up a long time but where I’ve cut the stone looks too new.

F6BAE30A-9E88-441B-9F5E-BCA323245665.jpeg

Looks champion 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I’ve been having a go at dry stone walling. Trying to avoid it looking too neat so it looks like it’s been up a long time but where I’ve cut the stone looks too new.

That looks perfect Martin, one of the hardest things to master I think. I  modified some brushwood ones as I just couldn’t get the right stone colour, how have you stuck them together? 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dm434 said:

Looks champion 

Thanks David. 

31 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

That looks perfect Martin, one of the hardest things to master I think. I  modified some brushwood ones as I just couldn’t get the right stone colour, how have you stuck them together? 

Thanks Ted. I used clear builders adhesive, It hasn’t set yet so I’m not entirely confident it’ll hold but we will see. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Very nice Martin, you'll be nipping at Damien and Hazel (Well mostly Hazel when it comes to walling)'s toes in no time

Thanks James. I have absolutely no intention of doing as much as there is on Damien and Hazel’s brilliant  layout😆

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Looks very well Martin, if you've a mind there's a few hundred yards to do here just when you have time😉 Just thinking, could you rub where you've cut the stone with a bit of dirt just to take the newness away?

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Looks very well Martin, if you've a mind there's a few hundred yards to do here just when you have time😉 Just thinking, could you rub where you've cut the stone with a bit of dirt just to take the newness away?

Thanks John. That’s a good idea with the dirt, I’ll give it a go. To be honest I have plenty of my own walling to do or I might have taken you up on that offer😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

thats very nice martin, what stones are you using ?? look almost like road surface Chipping's 

Its from a couple of knackered sandstone slates that had started to split apart, some of it is too thick but some has split off into handy bits down to 1 mm thick. 

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

Looking great Sean. One thing that’s standing out to me is the butler indicators look too small compared to what I’ve seen and I think the housing/surround should be Ford grey.   

think your right there martin, had a look at the 5000 i did and it does have bigger ones on it, so i have just ordered a new sheet of some, and as you say the housing is grey, even on my 5000. just been making up the front lights for its cab, and the second part of the rear screen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New Hollander said:

Looks good. you would expect UH to also make this, they already have most of the parts and are famous for milking the moulds

i agree theres a good few 16th scale uh models they could easily do in 32nd, the mf100’s and the ford 7000,7600 and cabbed 5000 ,plus the countys they have done ,they have pretty much all the parts from stuff already done  in 32nd 

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

think your right there martin, had a look at the 5000 i did and it does have bigger ones on it, so i have just ordered a new sheet of some, and as you say the housing is grey, even on my 5000. just been making up the front lights for its cab, and the second part of the rear screen

Are Butler indicators had black surrounds  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

think your right there martin, had a look at the 5000 i did and it does have bigger ones on it, so i have just ordered a new sheet of some, and as you say the housing is grey, even on my 5000. just been making up the front lights for its cab, and the second part of the rear scree

44 minutes ago, smithy said:

Are Butler indicators had black surrounds  

I stand corrected🤪

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smithy said:

they might have done grey ones as well ,i just remember the sets we had was black 

They must have had both smithy, I’m certain they had grey, or some at least. I’ll try to find an original photo of a new one.  

• Like 1