Whats on your workbench???

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Must admit I really like that Sean, takes me back a good few years!

thanks john,got a tool set on the way for the back,  ut overall its near on done now ,rear lights on tomorrow once dry , until recently a transit flatbed or tipper was all tuckwells ever had for most of the service vans, but hes got a nissan thing now and its not a patch on any of them hes had before apparently .

• Like 1

had this a while, but needs a few alterations round the bed area to a achieve  what i want looks wise , little 5 ton dolly bale trailer ,will be an ex army weathered up colour, front and rear drop panels will be fixed , with a removable bale ladder on each end, the sides will remain drop side,but  removable/working  ,as will the ladders, will allow use as a general fert/ seed bag trailer then with luck . the beds spot on for two flat 8’s of bales ,which was handy , cutting the timbers taking me a while, but hopefully it will be worth it once i break a few ect to age it all , scales in nicely with the 590 or 550 ,

CADEC7B8-3DA3-4B45-8865-9331F634FD10.jpeg

E9BFEF1C-D2DE-4C96-BF60-3A6D719C5A1F.jpeg

030F87DB-5A85-4483-B71A-22F6110CCC74.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

thanks james, i am tempted to have a go at a few other items ,just to take the newness out of them, but not sure if i fancy the tractors or combines yet ,took to long to make ,so dont want to bugger them up.

yes john that one could well be homeless as well after this,   not  the first time its happened either, usually its some of the wire i use or similar,anything she can chase round the room and pick up.got to say i think another trailer kits coming, but will be split down,i want the chassis and running gear for something else, plus the body can be timbered out and used for a tipper body on the ford d series when i do it .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Janval said:

In between selling of my collection I have been doing lots of paintwork to ongoing projects the last few days. Currently have these sat at my desk for detailing.

16274719299721985556915392303526.jpg

16274719660387894674342312936928.jpg

16274719870264142289285013130035.jpg

16274720354874855221467743760767.jpg

Lovely paint job you have  done on those.

Especially liking the Case, looking forward to seeing that progress.

Always thought that was a great base model for the 2000 Case tractors, and dimensions wise, ERTL got it pretty spot on.

Will look great when finished.

Is that Case/DB - red/white paint you have used?

looks a perfect match.

3 hours ago, JEP said:

Lovely paint job you have  done on those.

Especially liking the Case, looking forward to seeing that progress.

Always thought that was a great base model for the 2000 Case tractors, and dimensions wise, ERTL got it pretty spot on.

Will look great when finished.

Is that Case/DB - red/white paint you have used?

looks a perfect match.

Thank you, I have six or seven of those in the works, two red, four black and one undecided as of yet. Intending to make a few different versions of these. Kinda regret not doing all red/white, loads of good tractors that could be made out of these with modification. Had them completely stripped of paint before applying the new layers, but having a few issues with some of the floorpans/hoods with bits that wont come off properly.

I agree, I think it's a pretty god base, I've chopped away bits in the front and back tho. Mainly front weights, opening up the front and rear hitches - that's probably the worst bit.

Just wondering how I'll hide the holes in the bonnet for now, a repeating issue for all the ERTL projects I have taken on. 

The white is just a general white actually, the red however is the correct RAL code for the model. 

• Like 1

Lambo cab is finished with the glazing, reusing the original glass, tho it might have a few light scratches. The floorpan had to go back for some black spraying on the rear mudguards. Somehow I forgot that bit the first time.

16276758125891094257936720152393.jpg

16276759141026462572071154104544.jpg

• Like 3

Ive started upgrading a Valtra T4 Gen 1 into a Gen 2................basically means changing the exhaust and pre cleaner pipes. Also adding a lot more detail to Wikings fairly decent effort.

I noticed that the red ROS imitation N series model which is quite basic but has the Gen 2  pipes. So Im swapping them over onto the Wiking model, after spraying them matt black as they were too cheap and shiny looking.

So far so good.

P1080914.JPG

P1080915.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 9:57 PM, Janval said:

Managed to hash out another prototype as well, McHale bale cutter. Not 100% happy with everything yet, but it's a functional prototype at least.

16276786029685458116075546177468.jpg

Any more pics of the county Jan😍

On 8/1/2021 at 10:30 PM, jmd said:

Any more pics of the county Jan😍

I'll post some later, mind you it's not done yet 🙂 I am still working on some bits on the front axle that I made, so it's got a bit wobbly steering for now 😅

• Like 1