Whats on your workbench???

37 minutes ago, jmd said:

looking good Jan it's one model i'd like to do, have you made the front axle

I've made it by 3d printing, I have some left to do before I start painting it. I've modelled it after the 1174.

• Thanks 1

Current project, changing the front axle and rear tyres and air pre cleaner on this MarGe 5610, the finish on the rubber doesn’t match beteeen the front and rear so would like to find a way of either dulling the rears or shining up the fronts a bit. 

FC61C0ED-3A15-439D-9CBE-AEFB19FEA1B5.jpeg

B75B9E96-7D42-4446-B9CD-09441A6676B5.jpeg

• Like 8

On 8/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Looking forward to seeing this progress Martin, I see where the wheels are off now! We used a few trailers in similar nic last year 

IMG_20200708_090921.thumb.jpg.61c09a0717cf2ebcf43152406d99a18c.jpg

Just the thing I’m trying to replicate James. Everything has arrived so I can crack on now👍 Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 5:12 PM, phil phoenix said:

I bought some Claas tracks off T & F  models for £26 inc. Postage😎............I removed the existing set that next to no Claas models have and fitted the new..................Thats much better, and to top things off I tracked down the real thing working 20 miles away😉

P1080930.JPG

P1080934.JPG

P1080931.JPG

P1080936.JPG

P1080937.JPG

Phil do you have any pics to compare the track width?? 

20 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Here you go Ben, Im quite often surprised at how skinny the tracks are on Lexions. I was watching a 8900 the other day and it had a very narrow track width.  The model tracks are just right and look right as no one uses the wide versions Marge went with.

P1080941.JPG

P1080942.JPG

P1080934.JPG

Thank Phil, yes the narrow ones look spot on, sadly looks like I’ve missed my chance tho as jos isn’t getting anymore 

13 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

I think there the standard removed from models, I can’t seem to view website in English which makes it hard 

Here it is through Google translate, But I don't think that will work via a hyperlink, Just copy / paste it in Google yourself, Simple enough to do.?

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https://www.farmmodels.nl/Rups-Stel-/-Tracks

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Heck.. Were did find that one. Looks like its previous owner gave it hell.. Most would cherish a Marge TW.  If it were a Britains in that state... I'd take no notice.. 

I bought a box of parts a while ago Justin, there was a couple of MarGe chassis, cabs, bonnets etc but most had bits missing, paint chipped or damaged. I had a few bits in my parts boxes already to get it mostly complete but I’m going to build this as a tractor awaiting restoration so a bit of rust here and there and a few small parts missing. I don’t want it to look like it’s spent a few years pulling boats out the sea, more a well used abandoned for a couple of years example. Remember it wasn’t that long ago they were struggling to get rid of them for £30-£40 so they made good donors. 

4DA46F48-21DE-458A-843C-165F8A90AEE6.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

I bought a box of parts a while ago Justin, there was a couple of MarGe chassis, cabs, bonnets etc but most had bits missing, paint chipped or damaged. I had a few bits in my parts boxes already to get it mostly complete but I’m going to build this as a tractor awaiting restoration so a bit of rust here and there and a few small parts missing. I don’t want it to look like it’s spent a few years pulling boats out the sea, more a well used abandoned for a couple of years example. Remember it wasn’t that long ago they were struggling to get rid of them for £30-£40 so they made good donors. 

4DA46F48-21DE-458A-843C-165F8A90AEE6.png

That sounds like a good little project Martin. A weathered Marge TW is certainly something different. Looking forward to seeing it progress.. 👍

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, catkom3 said:

Here it is through Google translate, But I don't think that will work via a hyperlink, Just copy / paste it in Google yourself, Simple enough to do.?

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https://www.farmmodels.nl/Rups-Stel-/-Tracks

Regards

Joe.

Cheers joe, I’ve got some ordered through a mate after double checking there right ones 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my two Fordson Major projects on the go. Two will be converted to a Doe and the third will become a County. I've not decided which one keeps the original wheels yet.

The Doe could get rear duals if I keep them on that build. Not yet found a match for the other build really. 

A bit of a hassle getting the front axles off on these, also a lot of brittle parts that can possibly break (front lights.........). Only got the hydraulics to do as the frame is on the printer bed as we speak.

16306626972819184067223351398041.jpg

16306627253905348245560750825714.jpg

• Like 5

I finally caught up with a local big farming companies Claas Lex 8900 last Saturday and it inspired me. I was so impressed with its 1380 convio header I decided I had to buy another Marge models claas combine with the replica header.  Also much to my surprise, the 8900 didnt have the extended unloading auger!!  So that made it ok too buy the model versions 8800 & 8700 which both have the standard auger.  I also new I could swap the track units from my 6900 and its slimmer rear wheels with the chosen 8000 model, which are only available on wheels.

So I decided I like the 8700 decal best which is basically the 780s replacement machine and can easily handle a 1380 header too.  Here she is mopping up the remainder of harvest 2021😎

Quite why Marge couldnt have made all their Lexion TT models like this one I have no idea??

P1080963.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

I finally caught up with a local big farming companies Claas Lex 8900 last Saturday and it inspired me. I was so impressed with its 1380 convio header I decided I had to buy another Marge models claas combine with the replica header.  Also much to my surprise, the 8900 didnt have the extended unloading auger!!  So that made it ok too buy the model versions 8800 & 8700 which both have the standard auger.  I also new I could swap the track units from my 6900 and its slimmer rear wheels with the chosen 8000 model, which are only available on wheels.

So I decided I like the 8700 decal best which is basically the 780s replacement machine and can easily handle a 1380 header too.  Here she is mopping up the remainder of harvest 2021😎

Quite why Marge couldnt have made all their Lexion TT models like this one I have no idea??

P1080963.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

Lovely model Phil.

• Like 1