Whats on your workbench???

Some progress today as well on the Fiat16330967189075508253601165676071.thumb.jpg.5852bca63b670865df8650562af23b52.jpg16330967425365990887827804609664.thumb.jpg.9828e7ff51f2443f222b477d70417fbd.jpg

Edit: 
The  trailer is a first off build without any kind of detailed measurements, overall length should be fine but as the width go I am not so sure. I have the actual working width measurement, but it feels kind of oversized. This could be down to the wheels I tried on as well. Next to do: Shorten the space between the rear wheels and possibly the overall width, so that the sidebars align with the cover on the front (although they are wider).

Edited by Janval
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Very nice work Jan, love the forestry kit but would agree the trailer looks a little wide. In the UK you would struggle to transport it on a lowloader. 

Thank you! I agree, took it apart last night and drew up new parts for it. Hopefully tonight I'll have them assembled again. 

• Like 1

After having a second look at the 8S at Normac Cultivations demo, I noticed the bloomin obvious, this tractor looks a lot better on the right wheels and tyres.  So snapped one up off ebay for a very nice price and am looking to replace the daft rear wheels and tyres with something more realistic. The wheels in pic 2 are from the 7726 model and the tyres from a schuco model.  Some paint and wheel weights and she should look right.  I must say apart from the rear wheels/ tyres this is a superb effort by UH, very accurate, Im almost liking the real thing 😄

P1080991.JPG

P1080992.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phil phoenix said:

After having a second look at the 8S at Normac Cultivations demo, I noticed the bloomin obvious, this tractor looks a lot better on the right wheels and tyres.  So snapped one up off ebay for a very nice price and am looking to replace the daft rear wheels and tyres with something more realistic. The wheels in pic 2 are from the 7726 model and the tyres from a schuco model.  Some paint and wheel weights and she should look right.  I must say apart from the rear wheels/ tyres this is a superb effort by UH, very accurate, Im almost liking the real thing 😄

P1080991.JPG

P1080992.JPG

I am getting tempted too Phil...

On 10/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, 844john said:

They’re looking well Sean, looks like you’ve been busy!

This is what’s on my workbench!

9176C4C5-DB41-407D-9218-108048B24D6E.jpeg

Was that before or after you attempted to use said bench?

22 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I am getting tempted too Phil...

Its always the same with me, once I start to actually see the tractor working on local farms I lose my initial resistance to the change.  As I came home tonight the one 8S 265 on my patch met me at a roundabout and I got a real good look at it and it is quite impressive. Im even liking the new JD 8Rs now Ive got a few popping up in my neighbourhood, and yet I thought they looked ghastly on the first press release pictures!

• 2 weeks later...