Whats on your workbench???

6 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

It's surprising how much picking out bolt heads and galv parts makes a model like this really pop, tidy work as ever John

Thanks James,  you’re right, it does make a difference to a model I think. To be fair, there are a lot more bolts that I haven’t added, but you’ve got to stop somewhere 😉 

On 10/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, Tractorman810 said:

been after a bowser for the sprayer,which were pretty common when we were farming , for a while now, loads round suffolk way used to have old milatary tankers cut down,either dolly or tow bar fitted,was going to make one but the shape put me off, till i found this kit on a second hand stall in the local market, will be draw bar fitted,once all set,and still have the rear internals do ,which has a small donkey engine to run the pumps

A1985487-5C00-4EB3-A3C8-A4E7FBA66930.jpeg

What is/was the kit Sean?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, super6 said:

What is/was the kit Sean?

its this one paul, loads of parts  in it, already got a use for the front axel of it, looks very county/ roadless in looks,plus it works steering wise .

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/ibg-models-35014-bedford-ql-tanker--1030113

• Like 1

Cheers Sean.

You'll need this one for a roadless front axle for Majors, think the QL axle will look more like a County XX00 Four model with its vertically split differential housing, you would have to turn it upside down though to get the diff in the right place. that might play havoc with the swivels if they are at an angle?

GMC CCKW-352 Wood Cargo Truck, HobbyBoss 83832 (2015) (scalemates.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillTEF20 said:

Another absolute beauty John also on my to make list 😂 What’s the plan for the rear? A nice period Kuhn/Accord combi drill 👌🏻🤔

This one isn’t for me, but I could see it working well with that!

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

bit more on the sprayer bowser today, started the internals, for the rear,got the doors working and also fitted the draw bar, once all Assembled ,i can start the weathering, got a few ideas for that,also been tinkering with a david brown i got of the brushwood scrap sale a few weeks back, re assembled the damage and then thought why not . need to source a good set of rear arms to replace the uh ones at some point mind.

229F8C2A-23D3-444F-8FB9-94107F4F45A9.jpeg

92A2FB5A-D501-401E-B03E-710AB6948F60.jpeg

9D8DB386-A37D-4285-B334-203FF58C2E58.jpeg

722C74C4-EBB1-4193-871A-B4EBC1BB2B64.jpeg

Back in the 1980,s i bought a lorry just like your bowser from RAF Wattisham just down the road from me and stripped it down ,sold the engine and gearbox for more than i paid for the hole lot ,then sold the drop box and the prop shafts for the pumping gear , then all the pumping gear that was mounted in the box on the back ,i then sold the tank and the box on the back to a local plant hire/construction company that was going to use it as a on site fuel tank as they could lock the back up with there fuel pump in ,they mounted it on a trailor that they already had ,i sold the two front wheels to my neighbour as spares for his Brimont trailor that he had ,i then sold the chassis and the tandem rear axles to another farmer as he was going to make a bale trailor ,there was two big spring loaded booms on top of the tank that reached up to the aircraft ,them and the cab i scraped ,took a bit of spare time over a few weeks to clear it all but i made a handsome profit on the hole lot ,i do wonder if i still had it complete today what it might be worth   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smithy said:

Back in the 1980,s i bought a lorry just like your bowser from RAF Wattisham just down the road from me and stripped it down ,sold the engine and gearbox for more than i paid for the hole lot ,then sold the drop box and the prop shafts for the pumping gear , then all the pumping gear that was mounted in the box on the back ,i then sold the tank and the box on the back to a local plant hire/construction company that was going to use it as a on site fuel tank as they could lock the back up with there fuel pump in ,they mounted it on a trailor that they already had ,i sold the two front wheels to my neighbour as spares for his Brimont trailor that he had ,i then sold the chassis and the tandem rear axles to another farmer as he was going to make a bale trailor ,there was two big spring loaded booms on top of the tank that reached up to the aircraft ,them and the cab i scraped ,took a bit of spare time over a few weeks to clear it all but i made a handsome profit on the hole lot ,i do wonder if i still had it complete today what it might be worth   

used to be a very common sight up east anglia with all the airfields around, used to be a pair of old usaf ones on the neighbours, dolly trailed ones, one was for spraying the other was for a bowser for the irrigator if they did spuds. loads went the way you said for fuel tanks as well. amazing what uses a farmer could find for old  military kit .

• Like 1

I finished getting the MF 8s 265 upto par................I used the rear wheels off a 7726, sprayed all wheels Sapphire Grey ,took rear tyres from a Schuco JD and a filed down pair of wheel weights. Also repainted an agri bumper MF red and fitted that on. Now she looks right.

P1090021.JPG

P1090019.JPG

P1090020.JPG

P1090043.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Like that Sean, looks well, the DB's do suit a loader

cheers james, they certainly do , used to see loads parked up, never for very long, from the back room window , had pretty much every db brochure going, no idea where they all went mind ?

• Like 1

Looks bob on  john useing the 6600 exhust and olaircleaner ??? Im suprized rc2 aint done them yet   im tempted to buy one of those bloody fords they do look good bt toomany but would leave me short changed for what i realy want ha ha! 

The mussus saud i can have the one thing i want folr chrimbo so im holdoing off ha ha! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Looks bob on  john useing the 6600 exhust and olaircleaner ??? Im suprized rc2 aint done them yet   im tempted to buy one of those bloody fords they do look good bt toomany but would leave me short changed for what i realy want ha ha! 

The mussus saud i can have the one thing i want folr chrimbo so im holdoing off ha ha! 

Thanks Nigel!

9 hours ago, jmd said:

Hell you don't hang about John, they will look bob on when there done

Thanks John, to be honest I’ve intended doing them for a while as I already had the bonnets cast, but looking at what the 6600’s were fetching I couldn’t bring myself to chop any of mine up! Now that they’ve been re released I’ve bought a few more, so I don’t feel guilty chopping them and there’s a few more I’d quite like to do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1