Whats on your workbench???

these 3 are my main works at the mo, the mf699, 3/4 done, the 804, jsut working the arches and interior bits out before paint, and the jd, hence my reff topic in the other area, will be one of the 3040/50 or 3140 ,got the door to open and close on this after 20 mins of carefull cutting and drilling with 5 x .5mm drills, broke them all,that ertl metals dam tough to dril that small a hole in

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

what did you use as hinges mate have you any more pics of it

.5mm thin brass rod driled into the top of the door, with matching hole in the cab top, and the same at the bottom, prob is the bottoms thinner than the top, so its dam hard to do, hence the small white patch pannel, ended up drilling the hole on a filed down flat section ,i made, with the door held between the pilers, even then its a very very close thing with a drill that small, it driled out the side, so the patch pannel holds it in place

i see now sean looks very trick indeed will have a go this weekend will waiting for bits to dry on another 6910

just make sure you have loads of the drill bits, i lost 5, but they aint expensive so not a major loss, and dont hold the door, the only bit i need to alter bar the center bars is the top of the door, it  needs a little packing out, as where the dremels gone down the cut, its got a bigger gap then i want, only 1 mm, but a small strip of plastic will fill that

Look an even bigger treat in my cabinet  :-*:-* ;) ;) you know they'll only fall out and fell neglected in your collection  ;) ;) where's the topic on them can't find it  :-\ :-\

its a jd  i will make one then thats it, as for looking for a new home i doubt it, staying in the box when finished, the 965 is in this topic to ,jsut on hold at the mo, cant get something right at the min, so i am having a clear the head spell leaving her for a while