R/C -John Deere 9420T- 1/16

Hello everybody in this forum.

This is my first post and honestly I don't know where to put this topic, so I'm taking the chance? :)

Anyway. Here is my ERTL JD 9420T 1/16 tractor that I modified to be radio controlled.

My goal was to make it R/C without any visible changes. Though all the innerwheels are made of aluminum and the small rollers are also modified with visible changes. The antenna cable is hidden in the cab roof.

I made all inner wheels of aluminum and mounted 2 bearings each side in both frontwheels. All rollers are made of rollerblade bearings with bikeinnertube.

Rearframe is filled up with chem. metal and 2 bearings are fitted in both sides.

The gearbox is a Tamiya Twin Gearbox http://www.pololu.com/products/tamiya/0061/ but I had to fit in to bigger motors to run the model so the small "motors" in the gearbox is just a holder with bearings and an axle.

It also features the possibillity to control implements. You will see later in a better video how I can lower and raise transport wheels on the JD 2700 Mulch Ripper.

Here follows some pictures for you and a little video.

jd 9420t rc.wmv

post-261-132638489855_thumb.jpg

post-261-132638489905_thumb.jpg

post-261-132638489957_thumb.jpg

post-261-132638489967_thumb.jpg