what is better john deere or massey ferguson

Massey Boy

what is better john deere or massey ferguson?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. what is better john deere or massey ferguson?

• john deere
    • massey ferguson
    • i dont like ether
    • not sure
    • marky brain washed you please vote here
    • i not voting i dont whant to get blamed for ww3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O no......

Please dont let this turn into a colour War.  ;) ;)

Dont start arguing over it  :)

Ben wouldn't be pleased  ;) ;)

He won't be the only one, its been a few months since the last one so I'll leave it for now but the minute it gets out of hand, and lets face it going on previous experience it will ::) this topic will be locked/removed ;)

drove both for years, deere all the way, plus and minus points on both but re relaiability wise deere wins full stop, sorry mf fans, must add a mf 3070 i used to drive has done 14000 hrs and never had a spanner on the engine :o but then a jd 3050 i knew did 25000 hrs and no spanners ;D, drivers, owners choice

okok marky brainwashed me......ha ha!......not

my family have owned a lot of MF over the years, it is true, you can influence the purchase of a machine, buy getting to the person early in life, why you think JD love selling toy tractors.........and i don't like em....ha ha!

I have driven both and although i am green and yellow inside you have to admit that a massey is a good little tractor, not driven the new ones but there is a reason JD is the best selling tractor in the uk..

They both have there benefits but the little grey TE20 will always be special in my mind.

Lets keep this civilised as Gav says.

Another really pointless post, it's impossible to say any one tractor is better or worse than another. When it comes down to it a tractors a tractor , they all do the same job and they all have their faults. Unless someone has driven every make and model of tractor, how can they be qualified to make comment.

I've driven MF's JD's and Fords, and I know which I personally prefer, but I couldn't comment on makes and models I have no experience of, unlike some members on here appear to do.

I've stayed out of here for the reasons stated above....

I've not driven anything other than MF for any sensible period of time - so I can't evaluate anything else.

It comes down to personal preference... pure and simple... I've got my own MF in the garage... and I've done 13 whole hours in a year... so I'm not even qualified to make a judgement on my own tractor  :-[

All these OEM's know that most of us make our choices in our childhood... which I guess is why we have so many wonderful models to chooses from... Aside from the fact they are no-doubt good reliable machines.. it's a fact that CAT, John Deere and JCB have a better market share from their intense and very skillful marketing to the younger generation.

My love of Massey Ferguson was started (I think)... by the love of a Britains MF135 and 595 back in the 70's (as a child) - It's hard to recall at 40 years old how I felt in my childhood... but I do know that my first purchase was a Ford 6600.... closely followed by a 135 and a 595 - I think it was the shape of the 135 that inspired me to become a Massey Nutter - I still to this day love the lines of a 100 series.... to me it sums up the 70's - and early 80's (as they were still be used by most farmers in the 80's) - which in essence is my childhood.

I made the choice to purchase my tractor based on the above... so I guess I am testiment to the fact that targeting the youngsters does really work  :-\

It's nice to see this topic get discussed in an adult manner without too much "emotion" - I like a laugh and a joke as you know... but with such an immotive subject as this... I am keen we don't decend into a "slugging match" between the various colour factions on here  :)

For me .... if it's got big wheels and can pull 2 or more furrows... then I have an interest in it  :-\

This is thread is impossible to answer with authortiy  because what Allis says is right on.......add to that all the varables including price and options make it impossible for us collector to really understand............Markys answer acutally deals with the reality of our hobby........I like CaseIH/McCormick only because my father sold them for 30 years....does not make them the best but they are my fav............

My personal choice would be for neither of them because as someone who has driven all of the mainstream makes out there now, the two that have had the most serious faults with them have been MF and JD. 30/36** MF's with gearboxes and electronics and 6900 JD with engine problems at a very young age.

I was brought up with Ford tractors though, my late Father having sold them in the early 80's with the *600, 10, 10 II and TW ranges, I will be the first to admit though that they were prone to engine failure. Even my favourite brand, Renault isn't without its faults but as with everything there are good and bad tractors of every make and model out here, one could do 12000 miles without fault and the other could be a dog from day one, be it a Belarus or a Fendt ;)

This is thread is impossible to answer with authortiy  because what Allis says is right on.......add to that all the varables including price and options make it impossible for us collector to really understand............Markys answer acutally deals with the reality of our hobby........I like CaseIH/McCormick only because my father sold them for 30 years....does not make them the best but they are my fav............

I agree... immotive indeed and quite impossible to be objective really... personally, I just try to keep my guys happy :-*:-* :-*