what colour should the bar be  

8 members have voted

1. 1. what colour should the bar be

• keep it black
    • red??
    • blue??
    • green??
    • silver??

ok well first of all i want to say dont give me any credit for this because it was CJ's idea in the first place, in a way i am copying him but i like the way he put his together and i realy liked it so i thought instead of buying a merlo multifarmer, i thought the JD was too good to be replaced so i thought i would keep it but have it the way i want it :-\ CJ is it alright if i do the same as you?? but mine wont have the silver bit on the loader and it wont be for siku attachments.

pics up in a minute

drill out the rivets and replace them with small screws self tapperes are best!!!

about the difference yeah youre correct there is a difference!............................ the details!!! ;D ;D ;D im so good

what are the two holes in the sides of thr bucket for!!!

i did a simular thing ages ago i used spaldings black paint and mixed black and white paper paint to make the grey but you could just use spaldings grey primer its just the same!!!!!

all the same you can paint the silver bits in the colour of youre tractor so for you its jd green!!! looks good as well look at the pic and if that dosent work look at the link!!!

hope this / that helps

link look at the black box opposite the claas

http://www.quicke.nu/default.asp?id=1424

the pick???

foto432.jpg

drill out the rivets and replace them with small screws self tapperes are best!!!

about the difference yeah youre correct there is a difference!............................ the details!!! ;D ;D ;D im so good

what are the two holes in the sides of thr bucket for!!!

i did a simular thing ages ago i used spaldings black paint and mixed black and white paper paint to make the grey but you could just use spaldings grey primer its just the same!!!!!

all the same you can paint the silver bits in the colour of youre tractor so for you its jd green!!! looks good as well look at the pic and if that dosent work look at the link!!!

hope this / that helps

link look at the black box opposite the claas

http://www.quicke.nu/default.asp?id=1424

the pick???

foto432.jpg

tyical just typical - a jd stuck

KIWINZ you got any pics of the one you did

yeah it wasnt that good though not compared to atheres on here and the grey paint wasnt the best as it isnt meant to go on the black might re do it now dad bought some more grey primer from spaldings!!!!!

heres the link

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=19019.0

it went a bit off topic and focused more on the real jd and loader we got on the farm!!!

i dont mind at all i copied pdc with his 6420 anyway but thats what this place is about sharing ideas and i would use screws :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If I was worried about people copying I wouldn't post on here in the first place ;) ;)

The thing with the farmtoy collecting hobby is that people always want something a little different, people like myself are aways exploring what can be done with whats available. For me the 'fun' is the working out how to do it, then when you've done 5 or 6 you've really got the job sussed, thing is if like me you are not looking to make a living from it then after 5 or 6 i'm bored, that's why i'm happy to share my ideas on here.

I think it's good to let other people have a go and be proud of what they've done. Now if I can make a couple of quid from selling the decals etc i'm happy ;) ;) When attempting your first conversions just remember i've been doing this a long while and have a lot of good tools i've picked up along the way, so don't be supprised if your first one doesn't look like mine :D :D

I hope that doesn't make me sound like a real a*se ::) ::)::)