Britains Truck

JK

• 2 years later...

i still find it strange that britains chose a LHD MAGIRUS as a base model, the only other grill decal that really fitted this truck was the IVECO/fiat although it was also rebadged as a leyland,ford & volvo that i know of during it's run

There were 2 more variants of the milk tanker, white Dairy Crest and black and white Robert wiseman.

so apart from the foreign generic milk tankers the UK had MMB, MILK MARQUE, DAIRY CREST & ROBERT WISEMAN  i haven't seen any others

I forgot that there was also a later version of the MMB tanker, it had the 'splash' of milk in blue and silver with a blue and silver decal each side of the tank, similar to the 'Nike' stripe.

I did see the milk tanker that was produced for the US market at a toy fair a couple of years ago but it was too expensive for me, I bought from the same stall holder instead a US market YELLOW Britains Vermere round baler boxed for £30 which is equally as rare, and that was a bargain.

Hi does anyone know where I could get hold of the livestock truck in New Zealand?

As above' date=' your best hope is find one on eBay from a seller willing to ship to NZ

so apart from the foreign generic milk tankers the UK had MMB, MILK MARQUE, DAIRY CREST & ROBERT WISEMAN  i haven't seen any others

The full list of milk tankers is:

9604 MMB/Dairy Crest:

Blue with 'Leyland' above the grille

1985 to 1988

5559 Real Inc

Yellow cab (no grille detail or manufacturers name) with silver painted tank with blue slogan 'Milk-Americas Health Kick'

around 1988ish?

5559 Real Inc

Yellow cab (no grille detail or manufacturers name) with silver chrome tank with blue slogan 'Milk-Americas Health Kick'

1988ish to 1990?

9605 Dairy Products Transport/Dairy Crest

White with no grille detail or manufacturers name

1989 to 1995

9599 Milk Marque

Made in UK; white cab (no grille detail or manufacturers name) and blue tank with upper part covered by silver 'alloy effect' paper sticker

1996 to 1997

9599 Milk Marque

Made in Macau; white cab (no grille detail or manufacturers name) and blue plastic tank with painted white upper section.  I expect there is a further identical version of this one made in China from around 2000 on, but I don't actually have one to verify it.

1997 to 2003

09599 Robert Wiseman Dairies

Made in China; black cab (no grille detail or manufacturers name) with white plastic tank with black painted patches

2004 to 2006 (actually became available in the autumn 2003 releases)

Additionally there was the Fuel Tanker which was a recoloured milk tanker:

9817 Autoway 'Shell' Fuel Tanker

Yellow cab and tank. This was shown in the 1985 catalogue with Magirus-Deutz-Iveco on the grille, but may have been issued with Volvo from the start??

1985 to 1986

9911 Volvo 'Shell' Fuel Tanker

Part of the Road series that took over after Autoway was deleted.  Yellow cab and white tank

1987 to 1991

9601 Volvo 'Shell' Fuel Tanker

Dropped into the Farm Series for one year after the Road Series was discontinued (probably just to use up stock).  Identical to 9911.

1992 only