ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

Bugger me!!! TM your really on one there ain'y ya?!!! I knew I shouldnt have suggested racing you to building stardom. You got some cracking looking sheds there mate. What did you use for the Yorkshire Boarding? I was going to use lollipop sticks cut in half ut the thickness maybe wrong. So I thought about splints for lighting open fires?

the cladding (yorkshire board) is strips of balsa,about 3/5 mm wide 1mm thick,all stuck on indivually,takes some time,smurf will testify to that,the roof material is 3mm spaced corrugated sheet from 4d models,comes in 29cmx39cm sheets so more than enough for most barn sizes,the walls of the pig units are scaleoox,and theres more to come in that

the seed drill is one of my conversions rich,posted it in the fergy section

next on the build is the grainery and these beautys

2 x permastore silos

and a portable blower to load them with

a few of the blower,can bemoved with the tele loader/front loader,and takes the marstons height wise perfectlly

tha ladder on the silo is from smurfs great site ema,he's costing me some cash since he posted there details up

oncethe 1st board is completed i'm going to cover the yard areas with 00 scale mat saw a very fine looking roll the other day,looked just like a rough concrete

looking good man !!!! i used to man one of those blowers but abit smaller and it had a drawbar and small wheels at the back come harvest time i used to go half way up the cylo to a hole in the pipe to push down the twiggs and dead crows that nested in the pipe work yuck  ;D  ;D i cant remember the name of the cylo ,we had  two one was short but fat while the other was long and narrow in diamiter but was easiest to empty at the end of winter 

anyone ever just stored barly in a normal shead and had to use popcorn aditive (like an acid )used to get on my throat  bad

ours also had safty mesh each squre  about 2 1/2 inches (pain in the ass if u ever had a blockage as we were restricted whith space )

by the time you tipped as much as you needed the shute on the trailer would buckle the mesh as we had to reverse on a slope to the blower

you have to much time on your hands!!!, i'll send you my partly completed barn for you to finish!!!....i think i too should go for simplicity and visual detail not the hidden bracing detail etc i currently have done!!...takes to much time!!!

oh yeah looks great TM, now i know what the ladders look like!!? ;) ;) :) :)

i've learnt from my mistakes, only way!!!, will finish this one the way it is then next time either use long pieces for purlins over the whole span or do it even easier and not bother!!  :D :D :D :D