ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

only the tail gate drops, which is a shame, as its a nice trailer overall,  just place a order for a set of 4 x 30cm long hedge rows varying in height from 5 to 8 cm , and received some more ivy for the walls, also just got a very nice  lwb landrover resin body, loads of detailing on it, so that will become the new farm wagon , its currently sat on a modified britains chassis I had spare awaiting final fit work,   making the most of it as in a few months, maybe closer  I have a lot of prep work to do for a extension on the house, so time may be short again

• 1 month later...

been working on a missing part today ,not taken long to make, just need to paint the inside and then I can do the roof, will be ash trees chemical store, we used to have 3 or 4 of these on the real farm, one was the chemical store, the others used for chickens, found the plans on the net for a 10 ton covered GWR wagon, which this is based on, when we sold the real farm the ones we had were bought by a steam railway somewhere up that way  as despite the use they were in very good condition
P1020499_zps8whrzz4g.jpg
P1020498_zpsgx3lnhlw.jpg
P1020497_zpsrt5gzonw.jpg
P1020496_zpsgtfyldwx.jpg

• Like 7

That looks very nice, especially with the shrubbery, where about on the farm will you be positioning it? They used to have a few of these at the farm at the end of my road, in nowhere near as good nick though and long before I was born.

04e87b5f-3857-4d6f-86c3-ebcdc254f46c_zps

3a3923f6-e698-46ba-a870-512783275267_zps

• Like 2

I have a spot in mind, behind the workshop ,will fill a gap that's been niggling me for a while now, got to make some shelfing for one end / the back walls ,  and fill that, then the roof can go on, started making some canisters for it, the 25l ones I remember seeing, plus I will make some cardboard boxes etc for the shelfs. got the inside painted today, plus added some ivy to the sides, P1020500_zpsdzcbzxz8.jpg

P1020506_zpsy0eotrut.jpg

P1020501_zps87xaj0jo.jpg

P1020502_zpswpnzwj48.jpg

• Like 6

also had a test fit of the new spreader, have altered the chassis, and re routed the pto from the euro base it was printed as, bit unsure of the make it will be now, its close but not enough in some areas to a vicon buffalo like we have, but it spot on for a krone optima( not sure if the uk had them) but also matches a SKH spreader, which I know the uk had, however I have no idea what colour they were as all the brouchures I can find are black and white??
P1020503_zpskpibbjgr.jpg
P1020504_zpslnrojz4q.jpg
P1020505_zpsau07feqg.jpg

• Like 4

Ten years this year, Sean. I think you ought to get some 1/32 scale bunting and quintessentially english table cloths out for the garden tables!!

Ten years, mate. Fair bloody play to ya. You haven't stopped once over that time for more than a couple of weeks I expect, either. Just think, in ten years you could have built a real flipping farm!! Especially with the money you BT blokes are on... :P

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

finally got the chemical store finished, bar a door decal, and placed some new hedge lines in ,biggest replacing the front facing part of the farm, and some smaller ones to top the banks of the track to the rear fields . managed to find my bag of ivy whilst doing this, and have removed one of the pig units for extra detailing now, the one behind the 575 ,with water troughs from mandy ( hltminitures ) , along with other bits getting done to it,

P1020508_zpsyistqojp.jpg

P1020512_zps130hx9ha.jpg

new hedge lines

P1020515_zpsqk44z02r.jpg

P1020518_zpsbrwnoawx.jpg

P1020516_zpss2iximyd.jpg

P1020523_zpsku9bxzh0.jpg

• Like 8

thanks guys, I am slowly getting there now, whilst up there I did figure out how  to get another 2 maybe 3 ft  x 3 ft field board in on the track side , at the end,    which will sort of replace the lost area one where the house now sits, ,plus a road extension /junction by the house, which will allow a new entrance into the field surrounding the house , this means I can finish off the fields and surrounds on that side then , also very nearly ordered a 100 new straw bales last night, but decided I will hold for a month as I have a few other bits to do first, inc new trees for the road side on the layout,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...