ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

we dont have none of this bin crap we just tip on the floor a push it up with the tel porter the farm next door has a big blade they use

yeah but look at how much more work & paperwork they've had to do to be farm assured ? :-\

very true,these norfolk farmers have more cash than brain cells though so not a problem to them if it blows out is it.

i think they used to add the atellic dust into the grain on the blower at the farm,had a small hopper dropped stuff in every few minutes,gonna have to make onr of those now mj,

no look at it this way would you peffer

opion one puting it in silos which are a pain to clean and need a lot of men to run ie you have to have danguis anges sweeping in confide space and takeing a long time to unload to men where it would take one

or

opition two easy tiping to so cofinde space less danguos for the men ie less papaer work onthe healh and satey side not much time men hanging around waiting to unload they are tiped and gone in minuties un so long loading lorris easy to contol temp not so inbins a bite more paper work in the winter all so you can use this space when empty to store machrie etc i could go on thees a lot ?more pros for the shed over the bin the bins are old and out date ted now

mjb1 we dont add this stuff youre on about i dont even no what it is never seen it

they used to run the silos with 1 man when filling them,used to drive the tractor up ,reverse it up to the blower and take the other one outmmy uncle used to do the rest by himself,unloading was easy to,just popped a big auger in the hatch and done,a bit slower than a bucket and loader,but still only one person,and the lorry drivers used to love it,as they could have there breaks as the filled up,so less stops for them,the confined spaces thing applies to any enclosed space now,where gases can form,so the rules are pretty much the same for both,even a opentop slurry tank 20m wide is a confined space,had all the training for this last year,so the paperwork is the same for all now

it kills bugs,all bugs, & if inhaled very nasty vomit attacks ?sort of like a smokey equivilent to demestos :(

i know the advantages of shed vs, bins ,(i used to be a grain store manager) ?& sheds are a lot easier ?although the bins we had ,had vented floors so when it got near the bottom we'd turn the blowers on & the force of air would clear the last of the grain into the auger pit. no need to get in them at all. :)

used to run 3 rigs in total,1 x 699t and 8 ton marston,1 x 698t and 8 ton marston and a 690 with a single axel 6 ton trailer,didn't have a name on it, with 2 fergy combines,used to keep up fine,2 guys driving them,1 at the silo,one on the combine,and 1 used to start the baling on the 165 and swap to the 699t when they finished cutting,,that was enough to do the harvest on 3 farms,must have bee the fact it was all fergy kit,no breakdowns

well after lastnites long stay at work,here's a few more pics of work so far,silo no 1 is finished now,apart from logo's which i am making but having problems matching the blue background,and the granary is well under way,frame work is up along with the first floor,and silo,,gladding is half wall and half clapp board from ema (of course),there will be a auger loading pit at the rear,to fill this internal silo,and to fill a second steel one outside,all piped of course

post-46-132638490111_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638490118_thumb.jpg