Limited Edition Collins Teleshift in 1:32 scale

Yes i thought it was the same Collins there trailers are now built by Marston.

Sorry, different Collins to the trailer people, Collins trailers were built by collins of Pontrilas , Herefordshire, who are now McCormick dealers. I beleive Mr Collins sold the trailer business to his son-in-law, who now trades as AW Trailers at Madley Hereforshire.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the one but i cannot see the wear plates on the cab to stop the boom hitting the windows  ;D that was the best laugh i ever had when the cowman was loading the muck spreader out of the lagoon one day the boom went over and bang went the window his face went very pale  :o But he was using the grain bucket  ::)

i remember when phill used to have one!!!!

Sorry, different Collins to the trailer people, Collins trailers were built by collins of Pontrilas , Herefordshire, who are noe McCormick dealers. I beleive Mr Collins sold the trailer business to his son-in-law, who now trades as AW Trailers at Madley Hereforshire.

Ah, I wondered what had happened to Collins Trailers. We have 2 AW trailers, a '98 8t & an '07 10t. I thought AW had been around for longer than Collins hadn't but I must be wrong. And It's Salop trailers which are 'built' by the Marston Group now isn't it?

There's definitely some Herefordshire roots in the teleshift though?

i know of a few around here, my mate had a green one, were the yellow ones marketed as bonsor? look the same. if the are going to be around ?100 id be keen for a green one, subject to prototype pics ;)

Christ i remember Bonsor i think it was the 60D Forklift that had the David Brown engines in them.

Ah, I wondered what had happened to Collins Trailers. We have 2 AW trailers, a '98 8t & an '07 10t. I thought AW had been around for longer than Collins hadn't but I must be wrong. And It's Salop trailers which are 'built' by the Marston Group now isn't it?

There's definitely some Herefordshire roots in the teleshift though?

Oh yes!, The teleshift was built by RW Collins of Ledbury.

• 2 weeks later...

Chatting to a chap that used to sell them around here many moons ago yesterday .He said the first ones had a ih skid unit in them when they were only 2 wheel drive but he no's of one that is 4wd possable the only one ?. And then went on to say that someone from poland had written a letter inquiring about parts for one  :o it still had the dealers name and adress on her  ;D

We had a red one from new on the farm it used to do all the grass silage and maze clamps lagoon and when pushed pull the grain trailers 8 tonners  :o Yes you had to clean the rad 2 times aday she was 3 years on the farm before it sold up no major promlems with her just the lever cables used to need replacing every year after harvest then at the farm sale a local contractor brought her with about 2500 hrs (now my boss) when he replaced her about 4 years later and 5/600 hrs all he had replaced was the torque converter due to the many miles she used to do the engine was never touched ford 6610  ::)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Come on Barry, stick with it, looking forward to this one. I'm not big into limited run models but this one will be a must. Maybe you could trade in some of those Spalding Counties to fund it .... ;)

• 7 months later...