Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

I love that E27 as Colm has already said they seem to be improving all the time...

I keep saying it but I am going to have to collect these when I get my life back on track.

Well Barry I wish I had started early. The first three tractors issued elude me plus the Threshing Mill  and one special issue of a Fergie. Having said that I was updating my spreadshet today and I see I have 69 pieces. 51 tractors  ( 3 duplicates for resale ) 2 steam engines , 5 horse and machinery ones, 2 prints and 9 of the liitle membership figuiries.

Very nice Bill. Would you say demand for these agricultural / construction BFA items is increasing? Do the runs tend to sell out straight away?

Ever since the foot and mouth back in was in 2000 or 2001  ??? I can't remember the demand for the Border Fine Arts tractors decreased mainly due to the fact that a lot of the people collecting them were actually farmers. In 2003 the number of the annual tractor issued were 2003. From 2004 to 2006 this was scaled down to 1500. And from 2007 to 2009 it has been 950.

Having said that when I was out collecting from their Inverurie shop yesterday they had sill some old stock on display

The 2005 Orange Field Marshall 111 A

The 2006 Nuffield with reversible plough

and the 2008 leyland "hedge Trimming"

Suppliers have a limited allocation dependant on who many tehy agreed to take when the First Grey Fergie with Plough was issued.

I have not collected many of these, finance reasons mainly, but being David Brown orientated I have all but one which was the 1999 issue 'First Cut' which was the Cropmaster and fingerbar trailed mower, Bamfords mower I think it was supposed to be but I will come across one sometime. Did come across an elderly couple at a local toy fair earlier this year selling off their collection as they were moving and down-sizing. Some of the peices they had were a little damaged but I did buy one from them, the Fergy MF35 and trailer, 'loading up', in perfect condition for about £90, bargain, all boxed up. I also have two of the MF35 and plough, 'autumn ploughing' which was the MF 50th anniversary one, got the second one for a mate of mine but he never came to get it so I still have it.

Yes, that would be interesting. Take a pencil with you so you can write down in the catalogue against the lots what each makes we can see if this recession is having any affect on values then.

Yes I'm planning on doing that Tim. Whetehr I stay to the bitter end is a different matter since they are that horrible plastic fold down seats and arn't  very comfy. They usually put a priced one out on the website after the event. In fact I attach the link to last years sales prices. I didn't attend last year since it clashed with a vintage sale at Forfar.

http://www.goanm.co.uk/tsa/otherauctions/BFA/borderfineart.html

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that would be interesting. Take a pencil with you so you can write down in the catalogue against the lots what each makes we can see if this recession is having any affect on values then.

I decided against going to the sale Tim just in case I was tempted and I was going to be spending on building a new tractor shed so I resisted temptation.

I attach the sale prices from the mart.

A lot of things didn't reach reserve and there would have been a few bargains over original selling price on some items

122306_.pdf

• 4 months later...

I got a letter from my Border Fine Art supplier "The Posthorn" of Castle Douglas on Monday and they have announced the new 2010 introductions for the annual tractor and lorry.

The tractor is B1212 A Day's Baling.

This year it is a limited edition of only 500 and the RRP is £ 495

As a loyalty customer I will get 10 % off and if I pay before the end of their January sale I get and extra 10 % off so for a price of £ 396 and a discount of £ 99 I will be paying on the 31st January 2010.

I emailed them to ask what the John Deere tractor and round baler was since the image was so small I could not read the numbers.

The manageress emailed me back saying she had called Ensco and the tractor was a John Deere 3350 ( 4 WD ) but the JD was just a " general baler". Quite a pathetic response from the manufactures I thought.

On the lorry one its B1204 "A show day to Remember " and is a LE of 500 with RRP £ 350

As much as I like vintage and classic lorries I have not collected any of these.

It is an old style float ( can't make out the lorry since only side view but could be a Morris or Austin or even an Albion.

It shows a stockman in white coat leading a bull alongside the float ready for a show and two others loading the kist into the back of the float.

I will see if I can scan or photograph a copy of the sheet on.

Received in the post this morning Gray's of Shenstone newsletter advertising their wares and see that there are a number of their various models being offered at half price, There's one in particular that for the price I wouldn't mind ordering and the p&p is free. There is also a page of 'secondary' models that they have bought back from people for whatever reason, so if you look at these it will give you an idea, if you have any of them, as to what they might be worth but I bet they were bought back for far less than what they are up for now. Have a look on their site www.graysofshenstone.co.uk and take a look.

That particular one is not mentioned in the 'secondary' list but to give you an example 'Kickstart' £695. 'Where there's muck theres money' £695. 'Starts first time' £495. 'Hauling out' £2,250. 'Early start' £750. And that's just the tractor ones listed. As I said, all listed on their site.

Ive just ordered my first Border Fine Arts ;D ;D ;D ;D ever since Bill has been showing them I wanted one....my wife even loved it.....title "Let's be Friends"  price was very reasonable  shipping fee would choke a moose :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i take it you will be purchasing those 2 new ones then bill?? do like the look of the jd baler one,

Only the John Deere one Sean since although I like lorries too you have to stop somewhere and to display these models takes up an awful lot of room.

This will be the forth John Deere they have made after acquiring Country Artists who had the license to make John Deere figurines. My only fear is that we will have a large run of JD's now when in the past they did Fergie and Massey and Fergie and Massey. They really need to go and do a classic International or vintage Farmall again.

Ive just ordered my first Border Fine Arts ;D ;D ;D ;D ever since Bill has been showing them I wanted one....my wife even loved it.....title "Let's be Friends"  price was very reasonable  shipping fee would choke a moose :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is that a figurine of you and Marky .....Rick ??? ???

It a TE20 on a sugar beet hoe. Found one on e bay for £299

Ok I wondered why I did not recognise the name. That's is not a border Fine Arts model....I suspect it was made by Country Artists who Border Fine Arts have now bought over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well after a tip off from powerrabbit ( Tim ) on here I purchased this one off an EBay Seller

A8918 Lightly rolled which had an original RRP of £ 138. Even my usually supplier was only doing it for £ 69.

This seller is doing it for £ 39 which includes £ 4.50 for postage.

A cheap BFA for anyone liking horses

A8918_l.jpg

• Like 1