Absolute beginner starting first scratch-build project ...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it a beet topper

you are a winner! It is a beet defoliator US-style. More info? look here:

http://www.amitytech.com/defoliators/gallery

or

http://www.artsway-mfg.com/products/Defoliator.html

or

http://www.allowaystandard.com/defoliators/rigid.html

What do you all think so far?

However, for my first project I tryed to make A "unbranded" defoliator, not a specific one, thats too difficult for me ...

Here are some more details of the wheel attachments mit some "hydraulics" for height controll (so I need feedback now, as I will beginn work on the wheels now):

post-1013-13263869364_thumb.jpg

now I have a question: I would like to fix the wheels/tyres to these attachments in a way allowing the wheels to turn when the implement moves. Any tips for ideal solutions, looking both good and functional?

Need feedback ASAP! ;-)

brass rod and glue??, just glue the rod to the wheel and drill a hole in the frame, push through then glue the other one on?, should allow it to turn???

now I have a question: I would like to fix the wheels/tyres to these attachments in a way allowing the wheels to turn when the implement moves. Any tips for ideal solutions, looking both good and functional?

Need feedback ASAP! ;-)

try some fine brass rod, most model shops will have that, or ema will, make an axel point on each side of the holding peice,the same dia as the inner of the wheel hub, then add the rod with a bit of plasti rod as a heah,through the hole in the wheel,just drill a fine hole in the hub for it to fit into,other otion would be a small nail to act i nthe same way

This is looking like it will be quite some model Sascha, any plans for what to make once you have finished this one?

well what would follow an eight-row beet defoliator in these two-stage harvesting system? ;-)

Now I have just finished the scalper section of the topper, unfortunately with slight irregularities as I am not precise enough when cutting the plastruct ... What do you think of it so far?

post-1013-132638693813_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638693817_thumb.jpg

Wow very nice work RDF, cant belive that i was that close and i dont know any thing about it  :D

Very nice job you are doing, much better than i could do , i have majour issues cutting every thing identical :'(

Keep up the good work bud

Nick

Thanks for the nice feedback so far, although I am still waiting for a first feedback from Thomas (who helped me purchasing the right plastruct material, thanks mate!) ;-)

Here is the final stage for today, it's allmost finished, just the tractor linkage, some paint work and of course the final details missing. what do you think so far?

Wow Sascha that looks excellent !!! Are you sure that is your first scratchbuild you have done a very good job of it !!!!!!!!!!

i agree Scott, a lot of work and detail in such a short length of time as well ;D ;D ;D ;D