Absolute beginner starting first scratch-build project ...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the final pic before painting (tomorrow evening).

Any hints on how to airbrush the thing without also painting the wheels and the black parts of the implement (which shall stay black)?

I am also not sure if this implement is too small or structured too detailed for painting it with air-brush, especially as I have virtually not air-brush experenience and I would not use this modell as a test-bed for painting ...

Do you think painting with "conevtional" brushed might also result in a good appearance???

post-1013-132638694296_thumb.jpg

for a first build that pretty impressive mate, did you get the wheels to turn ok ect as i said or did you find another way round it

yes the wheels turn and the hitch svivels, everything else is fixed ;-)

Thanks for all the nice feedback, no I almost cn not sleep as so far I was not too impressed with my painting skills.

However, some days ago I would have never believed I could really realize such a modell almost withoout readily available parts ...

Anyway, it's just to all the encouraging feedback concerning my dioramas and pictures which also pushed me trying to build my own modells, thanks all you fellow members!

(by the way, as I realize how much work scratch-building is, I would never again complain about late delivery of scratch-bulit modells built by other conversionists or about their prizes - if this modell here was readily available I would rather pay 100 pounds than cutting and gluing my fingers. But I must admit I am a little bit proud now ... ;-))

Looks smashing mate, you really have made a great looking model. Can the wheels and the black bits be removed at this stage before you paint it? Or are they now perminantly fixed?

all fixed and that's what "she" looks like now - one wheels has received a few very small dots of paint any suggestions how to remove colour from the wheels. Looks like it will become an older alloway modell now ...

(More info about current Alloway equipment http://www.allowaystandard.com/defoliators/rigid.html#features)

post-1013-132638694903_thumb.jpg