4 span round shed - progress report

james f

By popular demand (by Ben :D :D) I have taken a few photos of the current state of construction of my 4 span shed. This shed is based on the one in our home yard but with an extra span and a 'lattice beam' in one span for better accesss. All the mainframe 'steelwork' is made from plastic profile from Evergreen Scale Models, an american equivalent of Plastruct. Unfortunately this is very difficult to find without ordering it from America. The only reason I started using it is because I got it in a model shop, but unfortunately they dont keep a large enough stock of it. The walls are balsa wood sanded to roughen them then airbrushed to give a rough plastered effect. The floor is just railway modelling ballast stuck down with PVA glue, and painted over inside the shed to give a concrete effect, though it came out a bit too rough :-\.

DSCF1447.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

Thanks for those links Ben. However Cheshire Models want ?8.25 to post ?9 worth of stuff to Ireland, so I'd rather wait than pay that kind of money. I haven't heard of the other crowd before, but they don't have an online ordering system so i'll have to ring them to see what the story is. Its not a big deal anyway as I have several other projects to be getting on with.

Thanks Garret. The 'wagon roof' is a tough one to do, maybe I should have started with an A-frame, but the real thing is right outside my back door, and I wanted my shed to look as realistic as possible, so its handy for taking measurements.

Thanks for those links Ben. However Cheshire Models want ?8.25 to post ?9 worth of stuff to Ireland, so I'd rather wait than pay that kind of money. I haven't heard of the other crowd before, but they don't have an online ordering system so i'll have to ring them to see what the story is. Its not a big deal anyway as I have several other projects to be getting on with.

What are you looking for James? The Diecast Heaven M5 drives by your front gate twice a day  ;)

What are you looking for James? The Diecast Heaven M5 drives by your front gate twice a day  ;)

Evergreen No. 294 3.2mm/0.125" angle, 4 lengths

Evergreen No. 294 4.0mm/0.156" angle, 2 lenghts

Can you get this particular stuff anywwhere Stan? If I was back again I would use PLASTRUCT , much easier to get hold of on the net but they use a different system of sizes :(

Evergreen No. 294 3.2mm/0.125" angle, 4 lengths

Evergreen No. 294 4.0mm/0.156" angle, 2 lenghts

Can you get this particular stuff anywwhere Stan? If I was back again I would use PLASTRUCT , much easier to get hold of on the net but they use a different system of sizes :(

Leo has a dose of Evergreen stuff in stock. Give him a call.

• 2 weeks later...