Dave Towse International 674

I seemed to have developed an allergy or an obsession on the colour of tractor wheels rims and centres over the past few weeks with the Leyland 270 and now with these "nashes". I could have sworn that one I drove many tears ago P reg I recall with the easy change gears were painted cream and not white - See SimonM pic 1. Likewise I think part of the cab was also cream. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Hi there! The colour is known as 'International off-white' which to be honest does look like a mild cream colour!! I have a 1980 'Nash' 674 myself but it too needs painting. A mate of mine is getting his 454 painted as we speak and that is the colour he has been recommended!! Does that help?  :)

Hi there! The colour is known as 'International off-white' which to be honest does look like a mild cream colour!! I have a 1980 'Nash' 674 myself but it too needs painting. A mate of mine is getting his 454 painted as we speak and that is the colour he has been recommended!! Does that help?  :)

First of all mad4machines I see this is your first post. Welcome to the (madhouse) sorry forum. I was sure they were more cream than white so thanks for that. A mate of my father purchased one of these series many years ago from an agricultural school and I can only descibe as being in "fairly mint condition". I must give him a bell an look out to his croft to see it again

I too like international's but the older ones i.e. the Farmall's and have 3 in my full scale collection

A 1980 IH ... I thought they fased th 74 series

out in 1977 and replaced it the 84 series

i suppose it could have been "old stock" and sold off

as brandnew and regesterd it one or two

years after she rolled off the line

welcome to the forum by the way mad formachines  ;) ;) :)

I seemed to have developed an allergy or an obsession on the colour of tractor wheels rims and centres over the past few weeks with the Leyland 270 and now with these "nashes". I could have sworn that one I drove many tears ago P reg I recall with the easy change gears were painted cream and not white - See SimonM pic 1. Likewise I think part of the cab was also cream. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

We ran a 574 for many years, and I would agree with your observations about the "cream" colour, International may have called it "off white" , but it definately looked cream to me. The cab was indeed partly white/cream ,as the frame was cream to which was added the red cladding. the cab roof was also cream. unless you had one of those horrible looking galvanised replacement roofs.

WEe ran a 574 for many years, and I would agree with your observations about the "cream" colour, International may have called it "off white" , but it definately looked cream to me. The cab was indeed partly white/cream ,as the frame was cream to which was added the red cladding. the cab roof was also cream. unless you had one of those horrible looking galvanised replacement roofs.

Thanks for that allis8550. I'm now beginning to feel not so dumb as I make look on wheel colours!!!!

I thought those tractors were ace to drive with those easy change gears. I always remember a friend of mine in his younger day had a load of wood chip on a 4 axle trailer pulled by a 674 I think with probably about 6 ton of bark. Anyway he was going down this hilly road and decided to knock it out of gear to gain speed.Unfortunately round the next corner he came up behind a rather slower moving car driven by an elderly lady. What could he do well risk strippinng the gear box .. no well pulled out and overtook this rather worried looking lady. Luckly nothing coming in the other direction. We still have a luagh about that to this day every time we are on that road and that particular corner. Foolish I but thats what youngsters tend to do at times.

Thanks for that allis8550. I'm now beginning to feel not so dumb as I make look on wheel colours!!!!

I thought those tractors were ace to drive with those easy change gears. I always remember a friend of mine in his younger day had a load of wood chip on a 4 axle trailer pulled by a 674 I think with probably about 6 ton of bark. Anyway he was going down this hilly road and decided to knock it out of gear to gain speed.Unfortunately round the next corner he came up behind a rather slower moving car driven by an elderly lady. What could he do well risk strippinng the gear box .. no well pulled out and overtook this rather worried looking lady. Luckly nothing coming in the other direction. We still have a luagh about that to this day every time we are on that road and that particular corner. Foolish I but thats what youngsters tend to do at times.

Brilliant story, we were all young once, I can remember doing exactly the same thing many years ago with our MF135, knocked it into low multi-power coming down a hilly road picked up a lot of speed ,which was great fun untill I realised I had to stop, fairly hairy moment then.