David Brown 1690 2wd conversion!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nigel

no exact number yet?? but im planning on making two 2wd DB 1690's for the time been! Im bringing one to meltham yorkshire for the DBTC show on june 29th to show of ect and if i have it finnished in time and if people would like me to build one's for them then ill take orders ill have to see!

i wouldent of built it if it were not for the insperation from your builds nigel so thanks for all your help! and thanks to Kiwi nick and powerrabbit and any one else who have helped me get this far! ;)

Hey ive only lerned off the people on here like sean, IHP and deerepower and the rest

IHP where is he these days  ;) i might rip one of my marshalls apart now after what you said about the frame wanting to be lowerd as the cabs looked ok but there was always somthing not quite

right about them so you have inspired me to mate  ;) as for the youtube vid i was going to make a

entry like that for the FTF ploughing match but shes being sold on ebay right now  :'(

I mught do a silage or straw gathering in stop motion yet but its getting the props right i dont

want to see any carpet or walls  i want it to look all like its in its own world if you know what i mean  ;)

Thanks all

all coments are appreciated! ;) My aim for this model is to use it on a silage display first the 1690 will be picking up and will be side filling a DB 1490 (when also built) im trying to recreate a scene from one of the orignal promotional video's by david brown.

then later ill get a case 2290 and also moddefie it with better wheels and a front 4wd axle ect to make it look like my uncles one and also add it to the display (when its also made ::) )

Thank's! the bonnets of an ertl 2294 model!

i made a front grill for the bonnet last night filled it out of perspex it looks good but still plenty of work! then im going to work on filling in the area where the exaust comes up through the side of the bonnet! im going to do a bit of cutting on the chassis as theres a bit to much under neeth!

i got a JD 4020 2wd axle as well and i made a braket out of alluminum but it was ent long enough!

if some one could show me detailed shots of brackets made to hold these axles idd be very thankfull! ;)

Thanks all!

yes deerest im having fun along the way. through filling and shaping bits to fit the model ect.. im trying to get it as acurete as i can so it will take a while still to get done but it should be a good job when finnished! im learning

a lot from doing this so any future builds such as a DB 1490 should be a lot quicker made as i will know what to do when it comes to shaping the model ect.. to get it acurate and right!

regards

james. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

looks good mate used to have a y reg 1490 2wd David brown and a b reg 1494 2wd case swd at the farm i worked on years ago mine was the 1494 were pretty good tractors really

the 1490 was on the keenan 140 all the time it used to power it easy even when we put 7.5 tons of dry ingreadients  in it for the pre mixes

hope you finish it soon