MF 2725 ELECTRONIC (Finished!)

Sinds i went a member of the farm toys forum there where a type off MF spooking around in my head

I seen some conversions here on the forum and tought Damn this model looks so much better when you convert it!

As the topic name sais IT'S the MF 2680 from britains

So i took a lot off thinking and came to this conclusion:

I make a convo my self from a 2680!

Started to think off a proper chasis and that became the UH Renault Ares.

This week i get hold off a cab and a complete bonnet (I had the cabplatform already from the 3680)

So tonight it finaly happend to start the project (looking how i am going to do it because first i want to finish some projects!)

So here is the result so far

post-1178-132638696886_thumb.jpg

post-1178-132638696891_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still need to work out some problems and a way to make the cab and bonnet to stand lower on the chassis ???

cutted already something off from the chassis so the bonnet wil stand a litlebit lower.

everything is standing loose on the chassis so it's not standing straight at the moment!

post-1178-132638696943_thumb.jpg

post-1178-132638696946_thumb.jpg

I want to point something out

The models ive seen here on the forum where my inspiration for this convo!

The choise off chassis is for me because off this: I dont want to copy a convertedmodel because then i have the idea that i am steeling something!

so this is the reason that i choose this chassis!

My regards to all the people ho already made a convo off the 2680! ;)

The choise off chassis is for me because off this: I dont want to copy a convertedmodel because then i have the idea that i am steeling something!

I think it will be a great model, but theres a lot of work to do with the chassi. I think it had been easier for you to use the standard one, and I can understand your worries about copying someones allready done ideas. But I have to say, even if the convo is the same as another, its still different, because its YOU that have done the convo, mate! Same thing with my Fords, many of them are allready done, but those build my way  ;):)

But thats just my opinion.

looks ok mate, but i would tend to agree with mattias with the chassis, the wheels look spot on front and back, but to me the chassis looks a litle squat( to short)???? for a 2680, and to high to, for the work you would need to do on the uh chassis, i would shift the wheels and axels onto the britains chassis, bit like my two are, otherwise there wont be much of the uh chassis left to hold together with the amount you will need to cut of to get the fitting right 

no body would think that mate really,if we did we wouldnt post the convos in the first place,  to me the 2680 chassis is the best arround for being as close as to the origonal in my eyes, why change whats near as right

Ok thanks guy's for the advise ;)

I shal look iff i have such a chassis

Or i take the chassis from the 3680 (tryed to build the 8130 on that one but i am not fond off that one!)

nu is my question can i fit the fron axle off the Ares easy on the Britains chassis ???

you would need the older type of chassis from the early 2680's mate, the ones with a actual axel rod holding the rears on, not the later pin.stub type inserts, as for the front axel, all you would need to do is make a bracket out of plastic ,a sort of l shaped bit for each side, drill a hole through so the front axel can piviot ,hopefully job done

you would need the older type of chassis from the early 2680's mate, the ones with a actual axel rod holding the rears on, not the later pin.stub type inserts, as for the front axel, all you would need to do is make a bracket out of plastic ,a sort of l shaped bit for each side, drill a hole through so the front axel can piviot ,hopefully job done

Hey Sean ive got the one whit the wheels/rims whitout the pin stub type!

Shal pos a pic for you later this evening!

Thanks mate ;)

Thats true mate

Now i must look if i have the stairs of this model because this where one whitout a cab when i bouht it

and i don't like what i made of it any more :-[

But i am thinking to use this bonnet off the MF8130 for an other project!

thinking off use it for a MF6190 or a MF8130 on a other chassis (in the future have a lot off work lying around :-[ )

• 2 weeks later...

well i left home whit my 8130 and this is how she looks now!My girlfriend said to me HUNNY how can this that everythings fit ???;D

the wheels off the ares won't fit under this one so think i use the wheels off an UH Celtis!

Or do you guy's have any sugestions ???

post-1178-132638701392_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well i Finlay decided witch wheels i use! :-[

And whas a bit inspyerd by Niels v Eekelen´s MF 2680!

He said to me it would look nice to see the 2680 next to youre MF 2725 in Zwolle this year!

so i brain stormed a week or so and asked what Niels think about these wheels i now use and here is the result so far

Got me some wheels of the new Claas Arion from UH they are brutal on the MF 2680 from Britians.

Also decided witch type it is going to be!

It is going to be an MF 2725 Electronic.

So what did i do to the model so far>

Added another front axle from Joal

Made the wheels fit to the axle and shortend the wheelbase at the back.

Already painted the cab and painted the doors black

Modifyed the gril whit ribs  ( i know not enoufh groove,s :-[)

Painted the gril

Added round diament lights because the 2005 serie´s had round one´s.

Added the hand bar on the front off the bonnet.

painted the wheels

cut off the Britains hitch and reaplaced it whit one of PMA

Begon on the interior

and bending the hand bars for the cab.

The chasis hangs out to dry now it is painted

Now the photo´s ;D:P

updatemf2725electronic0.jpg

updatemf2725electronic0e.jpg

updatemf2725electronic0.jpg

Thanks for the nice reply´s lads!

On page 1 of this Topic it sounded like the chassis and wheels problems were giving you a sore head, Johnny. Now though, you have got it sorted out and it looks awesome! 8)

Yeah it where a bit of an worry for me so i left the project on the shelf for quite some time :-[

But i had a good chat wit Niels one day and i said to him i have bought an Claas Arion and what do you think of those wheels he said try them and you will find out!

So i did made a photo and showed him and he said those wheels are the one's!

Here is an update whit the painted chasis and the PMA hitch.(see i need to paint the chasis again :-[ )

Now i only need to make stairs on the right side of the cab and ad mirors and handbars.

Also a warning beacon and some stuf i forget to mention!

mf2725002.jpg

mf2725003.jpg

mf2725001.jpg

mf2725004.jpg

Hope you guys like her!