9 ton fraser trailer

well here is my latest project... it's a 12 ton marston trailer, hopefully goign to be a 9/10 ton fraser trailer. ive seen this done by sean and jamie, so give them the credit ;) but i shortened the body, took the tail gate off, then i made a better looking drawbar, no pics of it yet.

oh and one thing, should i spray it the actual fraser green or should i spray it in JD green? JD green would be easier :-\ but you's decide :-\

DSCF0617.jpg

DSCF0618.jpg

DSCF0619.jpg

DSCF0620.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

this is where i joined the chassis together, i put a bit of metal in to support it, but i think il put another bit in :-\

DSCF0622.jpg

what you's think?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job ;) are you doing silage sides for it?

no it's just going to be a grain trailer, before i did this to it, it was just the normal grain trailer with out silage sides so... :-\ dont have any sides to put on her and im going to make the tailgate sort of manual, and i would love to make a grain hatch on it for when im blowing the grain into the drier :-\ but i will probably make a right mess of it ::)

nice job! thumbs up!

thanks mate, positive comments keep me going ;D;)

looking good so far Matty ;),are you going to keep it on the super single wheels

thanks, yea they're staying, they look prety much the same as the real ones, almost :-[

this here is the sort of trailer i'm basing it on, obviously wont be the same body style but hey, i think it's better than the usual marston 12tonne trailer for farmers with 3000acres of crop!! :D :D

Imag.jpg

and heres todays work, made a drawbar out of wood, shaped it, filed it, sanded it, loved it  :D then got hooked up with it :D :D i know it realy isnt great but you have to start somewhere!!

DSCF0623.jpg

DSCF0624.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0631.jpg

still have to put a better tailgate on

but what do you's think of it so far?

Looks great, an excellent start to conversions!!!

Maybe make a pipe holder for the front and it will look ace.

I personally would of gone for a thinner drawbar but yours looks fine.

A touch of paint and get it rolling!!  ;) ;) ;)

Looks great, an excellent start to conversions!!!

Maybe make a pipe holder for the front and it will look ace.

I personally would of gone for a thinner drawbar but yours looks fine.

A touch of paint and get it rolling!!  ;) ;) ;)

yep i'll get that done, i know the drawbar is a bit thick but hay :D well i have to get this tailgate doneand i'll get her primed 8)

looks good, how did you cut the metal ???

thanks mate, hacksaw ;):D

people need your advice, should i get a fraser look a like paint from halfords or just spray it JD green??

quick update, worked at it tonight and took pics, one thing completely forgot about taking pics so only remembering them now, so il post them up tomorrow. well i made the tailgate manual (it's supposed to be a older trailer) then a put a strength bar in the centre of the body ::) made a holder bar on the drawbar for hyraulic hoses. next job is to put a lick of primer on then hopefully should be ready for fraser green at the weekend 8) will get pics up tomorrow ;)