• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that far of then really 15 cm difference so at 32nd that about 4mm barly noticable , come on uh, do us a proper one at no extra creative costs to yourselfs will you

ah ha

thought there was a difference so i wasn't bein picky MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :D :D

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

If my MF brochure is correct Sean the 5480 is a shortwheelbase 4cylinder 135hp + boost tractor and therefore is half a metre shorter than 6cyl 6480 !!  The 5480 also lacks the shark gill airvents on the bonnets of 6cyl machines & has thinner exhaust stack :-\

The 6470 however has exactly the same bonnet as 5480 as it too (somewhat confusingly) is  a 4cylinder tractor :-\

The 5470 (even more confusingly) is actually a 6cyl tractor with same appearence as 6480 ;)

Why MF could nt keep their 5400 numbering the same as 6400s is beyond me , anyway the only authentic conversion would be 6470 :D  If you dont believe me look at the brochures (lots of pics ;))

If my MF brochure is correct Sean the 5480 is a shortwheelbase 4cylinder 135hp + boost tractor and therefore is half a metre shorter than 6cyl 6480 !!  The 5480 also lacks the shark gill airvents on the bonnets of 6cyl machines & has thinner exhaust stack :-\

The 6470 however has exactly the same bonnet as 5480 as it too (somewhat confusingly) is  a 4cylinder tractor :-\

The 5470 (even more confusingly) is actually a 6cyl tractor with same appearence as 6480 ;)

Why MF could nt keep their 5400 numbering the same as 6400s is beyond me , anyway the only authentic conversion would be 6470 :D   If you dont believe me look at the brochures (lots of pics ;))

I drove a 5470 on demo last year and it had a 4 cyl Sisu engine  ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

had a slight accident today, knocked her off the shelf, which resulted in removal of the arches/cab, and bonnet along with breaking the front steering and  part of the glazing to, (rear end) , so while apart i had to tinker didnt it , cant really tell where i repaired the glass now and fortunatly the front hitch survived if a little bent, so straightening was required there to,also beefed up the exhaust to suit a 6000 series as well ,

but seeing as it was apart ::) i had to tinker didnt i

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059-2.jpg

DSCF0060-1.jpg

DSCF0061-1.jpg

Sean that looks fantastic  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Having now got my 5480's i think that compared to your 6480, they look much better beefed up a bit. ;D ;D

and you just had to make the door open didn't you, It just finishes the model of nicely.

Well done mate  ;):) :)

Sean that looks fantastic  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Having now got my 5480's i think that compared to your 6480, they look much better beefed up a bit. ;D ;D

and you just had to make the door open didn't you, It just finishes the model of nicely.

Well done mate  ;):) :)

i am almost considering leaving it a 5480 to be honest, like you say just bigger tyres, ?? cant make my mind up

as for the door yeah if wiking can do it then so could uh, very easy to do ,

Do you just run a sharpe knife around the door untill it falls out and then attach a small piece of bar to it and put the bar up into the top of the cab and the mudguard to make it swivel  ??? ??? :-\

yeah to the removal part, but the hing is 0.5 mm brass rod drilled into the top and bottom of the frame  round the door,at the matching angle to the framework / cab shell  then matching holes drilled into the top of the cab and floorpan, takes a little time as the drill is so fine it can snap easy, also spears your finger very easy to, i have the 5 holes to prove it

yeah to the removal part, but the hing is 0.5 mm brass rod drilled into the top and bottom of the frame  round the door,at the matching angle to the framework / cab shell  then matching holes drilled into the top of the cab and floorpan, takes a little time as the drill is so fine it can snap easy, also spears your finger very easy to, i have the 5 holes to prove it

Cheers mate, Might have to try that at some point as it realy does finish the model off  :) :) :)

Cheers mate, Might have to try that at some point as it realy does finish the model off  :) :) :)

no problem, you wil lalso need to file the back edges down a little so it sits right, nothing much, when you remove it you will see what i mean, basicly its a flat bit of palsice after you finsih, no ridges round it