sparrow legs john deere 3040

sparrow legs

nice looking tractor mike ,has it had a new front grill ? or has the decal just come off ?

i took the RH steps off the 64 i used to drive & fitted a frame for my toolbox & had a vice bolted to the weights nothing worse than someting twisting about when trying to hold it firm to work on

take it yer happy with it now it's all fitted out then  :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice looking tractor mike ,has it had a new front grill ? or has the decal just come off ?

i took the RH steps off the 64 i used to drive & fitted a frame for my toolbox & had a vice bolted to the weights nothing worse than someting twisting about when trying to hold it firm to work on

take it yer happy with it now it's all fitted out then  :)

just sticker come off, cant take r/h steps off as thats the side i have to get in and out as my flail controls are in the way on the left (they are going to be moved) i also have a vice im fitting but havent decided were yet

Poor old 3040  :'( :'( lovely looking 68 though Mike :-* i've been to look at a early 62 on a 1995 plate today

i looked at a 6310se but felt it was very small for my job, i didnt need to go as big hp wise as the 68 but it opens over avenues for work ;D

will you be parting with your 3140?

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet hopfully Mike just spent £600 on her in local dealer having some new seals and injector's fitted  >:( >:(:D :D

That your 3040 in the farmers trader under Qf tractors  :o :o :o

YES that is my tractor, i was told GM Stephenson had bought it ::) robbing buggers, they have put nearly 2 grand mark up on it!! little do they know whats wrong with it ;D

i had a set of injectors spare you could of had for ya 3140