New Project: US Grain Cart

as I have just decided to have a CAT Lexion 590R and a CAT tracked tractor available on my 1:32 US farm this summer, and as I like colour fit of all mashines and tractors and think that this one might be my next project for realization in 1:32:

http://www.degelman.com/web%20pages/shuttlekart.html

What do you think of it. Does this need a full scratch-build or is it easier to convert the existing Horsch grain cart from SIKU? Or just paint the Horsch grain cart in Cat Lexion colours?

I will watch with interest whichever way you do it. A scratch built one of those may look difficult but maybe it could be quite easy, it is big and all the sides are flat? I think your beet lifter would have been harder to build and you made that look easy, go on!! You know you want too!!

I personally would like on of these http://www.kinze.com/content/wagons/850home.aspx?iname=menu.wagons.850

Wow, the KINZE grain cart looks really amazing with its large wheels and the nice blue colour. However, I like colour fit in my dioramas, so I need a dark yellow cart for the dark yellow CAT lexion and CAT challenger tracked tractor ;-)

Would be pefect for a New Holland combine/tractor scene hiwever, so I bookmarked the link, you never know ...

I will watch with interest whichever way you do it. A scratch built one of those may look difficult but maybe it could be quite easy, it is big and all the sides are flat? I think your beet lifter would have been harder to build and you made that look easy, go on!! You know you want too!!

I personally would like on of these http://www.kinze.com/content/wagons/850home.aspx?iname=menu.wagons.850

I only have a soft spot for the Kinze as that is what I used in the USA. One thing that may interest you - a tracked chaser bin. I can't google it at the moment, I forget the name but they are popular on the corn (maize) harvest.

what about these mate, Aussie Bins

www.dunstanfarmers.com.au

im going to build this 1

30 Tonne Chaser Bin

features

Walking beam assembly

Overall length 8.535m

Overall width 3.500m

20" vertical discharge auger

Horsepower required to tow bin when full 200hp 4WD