Working bean ground on heavy soil.

Guest Fendt pwr

Guest Fendt pwr

It's a "CELLI" power harrow.

The drivers are over at the ute having a cup of tea and wondering if one of them should go back to the yard and come back with 924 and a 14 ton land roller because the ground is taking a bit to work down. :)

Guest Fendt pwr

I'll never leave a disced feild not rolled down ever again  :-[

Once I get the feild power harrowed down I'll give it 2 inch of irragation then harrow & roll it down,that should be good enough. :-\ :)

It's a "CELLI" power harrow.

The drivers are over at the ute having a cup of tea and wondering if one of them should go back to the yard and come back with 924 and a 14 ton land roller because the ground is taking a bit to work down. :)

can you post up some pics of the harrow??, looks like the britians version they did with the drill missing??  ??? ???

Guest Fendt pwr

Hey FB, :)

Yes it is the old britains power harrow with the hopper taken off,there are a few pictures of it already posted up on the forum.

The subsoiler is the only part I've added.

I'm making it into a chlli harrow because it's already the right shade of green and that brand has a good name over here.

cheers fp.

• 3 months later...
Guest Fendt pwr

We'll the beans were harvested last week,not the best crop the farm has ever grown I put that down to working the ground about 4 weeks later than I should have in the spring.

pic #1= out spraying 2L/ha of round up on the land to take out a few flat weeds.\

pic #2=after two passes with stubble cultivator thought it best to tidy the land up with the roller before getting off the paddock untill the fall when the paddock will be sprayed a 2nd time with round up before being sown down to winter wheat with a direct drill.

Guest Fendt pwr

Cheers NH2,glad you like my wee snipets of real model farming. ;D

It's not a convo realy it is just a plain old john deere 6210 I just gave it some mirrors,flashing light on the cab and a SMV sign,all simple stuff that I can do with out stuffing things up. :)

Cheers NH2,glad you like my wee snipets of real model farming. ;D

It's not a convo realy it is just a plain old john deere 6210 I just gave it some mirrors,flashing light on the cab and a SMV sign,all simple stuff that I can do with out stuffing things up. :)

The small mods make all the difference to realism though eh...... :) :) :)

It's always good to see other model/carpet farms working...... :);) ;)

Guest Fendt pwr

Oh I think so as well NH2.

I'll be out with the camera in the fall with my trusty drill for a few more pictures.I might just keep adding to this thread with a wee story line and a few pictures as time moves on in the farming year.

Next year when I may just sow some grass then spray it off when it's about 1inch high and call it wheat to make it look more real with the combine in it.

Cheers FP,hook loader might even make it out there one day. ::):)

Oh I think so as well NH2.

I'll be out with the camera in the fall with my trusty drill for a few more pictures.I might just keep adding to this thread with a wee story line and a few pictures as time moves on in the farming year.

Next year when I may just sow some grass then spray it off when it's about 1inch high and call it wheat to make it look more real with the combine in it.

Sounding good Fendt Power......I look forward to them...... :) :) :)

• 3 months later...

After a few nice rains the ground was starting to look like the start of a decent crop so may 20  savanahwinter feed wheat was drilled into a stale min-tilled seed bed @110kg/ha.No fert was used at drilling the soil test showed 40 units of P in the ground already so the crop will get it's fert in the spring prob in the form of cropmaster 20 (20,10,0)@ 300kg/ha X2.

Drilling with 412 & 716  :-*