Massey Ferguson 8280: 2-11-08 update!

Hello,

First of all I want to introduce me, because I was already member, but I have posted nothing.

My name is Niels van Eekelen, I'm from the Netherlands, and because I know two people over here(Johny MF, and Ziko) I thought: mabey, I can show the building of my MF 8280 to the FarmtoysForum. ;D

Here are some pictures from the buildingreport:

2lza834t.jpg

This is my own build fronthitch, and it's attached with Pritt Posterbuddies, for a overview.

vptbgtcy.jpg

And here is the PMA32 hitch, which comes on the end of the tractor as you can see.

uhzvzwto.jpg

Mabey a unsharp photo, but this is how many I had to remove, to place the hitch in his good position!

cj59wmrz.jpg

With the detailed cabine, and the fronthitch.

Further plans: The mirrors are gonna be changed, like the original machine, just like the lights. I wanna put Claas Axion wheels under it, and the details that are on the real 8280, are coming on my modeltractor!  ;)

Greets from Holland,

Niels

:o :o :o - Flipping hec Niels... what a beauty mate... many thanks for posting... That looks first class with those linkages front and rear... the rear looks absolutly spot on.... I always think they look a little 'over engineered in real life... and that captures the image exactly in fine detail..

As for the front hitch.... WOW... stunning... espcially with the PTO as well  :o

Thanks for the great comments!

I will update this topic mabey this weekend, because I planned to do the mirror-work tomorrow.  ;)

And that PTO: It's very easy to make, (here they call it a: Kabelschoentje) Its like a piece of brass, what is between a cable on a electric machine.

Here you have a picture from it: mo6x2mq2.jpg

@Johny: I added you on MSN, so I can talk easier with you!  :D

Greets from Holland,

Niels

Thanks for the great comments!

I will update this topic mabey this weekend, because I planned to do the mirror-work tomorrow.  ;)

And that PTO: It's very easy to make, (here they call it a: Kabelschoentje) Its like a piece of brass, what is between a cable on a electric machine.

Here you have a picture from it: mo6x2mq2.jpg

@Johny: I added you on MSN, so I can talk easier with you!  :D

Greets from Holland,

Niels

now thats a great idear mate well done it looks great

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I had some time, to go further with the 8280. I've filled the old holes from the mirrors with Tamiya Epoxy Putty, and I've made the mirrors as they need to look like.  ;)

Talked enough, here are the pictures:

wsdf4t9x.jpg

(Don't look at the posterbuddie, I will drill next week holes, so the Posterbuddie can be removed)

Front: lohombai.jpg

Greets,

Niels

• 4 months later...

It taked a long time, because I didn't work on it in my vacation, and because I am busy with school.

Right; an update!:

Chassis in the right paint: 9mxtx2qh.jpg

The other parts(Mudguards, bonnet, frontaxle, and rims) are waiting for a color, I want to paint them this week. The cabin and the interior must have also a color, that also happens this or next week.

(Sorry for the bad picture, tomorrow I'm gonna make some better ones)

Greets from Holland,

Niels

• 1 month later...

What a layer of dust!  :o

But; an update!

6umw7hr5.jpg

Front

nampk7wf.jpg

Other side

a3jjqhqx.jpg

And behind!

Tomorrow I want to paint for the last time the chassis, and finish the intiriour.

I am waiting for the decals from Walker, and some other parts.

If you have an idea, to place on the model; reply.  ;D;)

Greets,

Niels