New Holland TM140 on Floats with Sub-Soiler......

NewHolland2

A couple of pics here of a local farmer's New Holland TM140 with Cousins Sub-Soiler taken early this year...... The Opico Shatta-Press is mounted on the front for ballast but also becuase the tractor was also being used for drilling at the same time and the Shatta-Press runs in front of his Vaderstad Rapid 300C Dril......

Cool picture there NH2,would be a bit under powered would'nt it?

Thanks Fendt Power. It wasn't under-powered as it has been boosted in the farm workshop to around 190hp......  ;D;)

Very nice pics NH2, do you know how deep he was going ???

Cheers Nath. Not sure how deep he was going but it wasn't too deep if I remember right......  :)

It wasn't under-powered as it has been boosted in the farm workshop to around 190hp...... 

Opening up a tractor does it no good you know. Farm down the road from me opened up their 6920s to something ridiculous over 200hp and it would be able to wheelspin wen it pulled off, in the end burnt the drive shaft out as it was kicking out near to 45k

Guest Fendt pwr

I've driven a ford 7600 that made 110hp before,it was not that long before the back end started to whine like a kid thats just dropped there ice block.

Afther 2 new back ends and 1 or 2 donk over hauls the guy put 2 and 2 together and just brought a bit bigger tractor. ::)

the guy i worked with hooked the jd 6810 up to computers at the start of this summer and opened her up to 155hp so far there has not been any trouble from her, i know it wasnt too much of a jump in hp so that might have something to do with it, the same fella had a jd 3055 or something like that and she about 10 years ago she used keep opening herself up they reckoned she was about 200hp and they never had any trouble from her

• 4 weeks later...

Just having a browse tonight and come across this topic,On my dads farm we  had a Ford 7610 SQ11 opened up to wait for it 190HP  :o :oon the dyno at our local dealer we didn't leave it at that we did shut her back down but it was at 190HP for a good 30 seconds of her life.We also had a Ford 7810 with 8210 Pump,TB Turbo and 3CX chrome exhaust this was kicking out 150HP at the shaft for all her 4000hrs with us.Also had a Ford 5610 at 115HP this was also TB'd with oversized wheels and twin assister rams,handled a 4 furrow reversible KV with press no probs.

That would have been a sight and sound the old 7610 eh Davie...... ;) ;)

Hi Martin,

it was something else I was sure they were going to put the tappets through the top, was screaming her **** off.

That TM is it sitting on Flotations or are they maybe 800's as they look slightly to thin for Flotations.Very smart pics all the same.Those cousins V form subsoilers take some pulling I know a farm that has one and they have a big Fendt on it and boy does it grunt on it!

I am of to the scratcher now as I am on the cattle all weekend and also trying to get a bit of winter ploughing done.

its ok if you open the pump up  its when you open the top end revs up it causes problems with transmission we open all ours up  out tm150 is 186 hp  our jd 6920 is 190 hp my jd 7920 is 280 hp and ourr 8560 is 210 hp but they still oult rev up to about 2400 and dont go no faster they just have more balls ....we had a ford 7810 and  puta blower on it and opened it up we got 160 hp out of it hell she sounded great.... we dont open the valtras up as there is  a device in them and if opened up it voids any of the 4 year warranty on them

its ok if you open the pump up? its when you open the top end revs up it causes problems with transmission we open all ours up? out tm150 is 186 hp? our jd 6920 is 190 hp my jd 7920 is 280 hp and ourr 8560 is 210 hp but they still oult rev up to about 2400 and dont go no faster they just have more balls ....we had a ford 7810 and? puta blower on it and opened it up we got 160 hp out of it hell she sounded great.... we dont open the valtras up as there is? a device in them and if opened up it voids any of the 4 year warranty on them

Only problem we had with the 7810 Turbo  was if you were doing a 18hr day or more and working her hard ie the 5 furrow KV or the 4m One pass you found yourself looking for fuel a couple of times a day.It was worth it though still one of my fav tractors ever.

Just having a browse tonight and come across this topic,On my dads farm we? had a Ford 7610 SQ11 opened up to wait for it 190HP? :o :oon the dyno at our local dealer we didn't leave it at that we did shut her back down but it was at 190HP for a good 30 seconds of her life.We also had a Ford 7810 with 8210 Pump,TB Turbo and 3CX chrome exhaust this was kicking out 150HP at the shaft for all her 4000hrs with us.Also had a Ford 5610 at 115HP this was also TB'd with oversized wheels and twin assister rams,handled a 4 furrow reversible KV with press no probs.

Dont you get an extra 30hp by fitting a K&N air filter.?

The opposite? ;) Read my post? :)

If they restricted the airflow, they would slow the engine down wouldn't they.... try taking your airfilter out of your car and put something over the air intake to stop the airflow, the engine will most likely stall.? ;)

If they restricted the airflow, they would slow the engine down wouldn't they.... try taking your airfilter out of your car and put something over the air intake to stop the airflow, the engine will most likely stall.  ;)

someone payed attention in science about the laws of combustion