creek fen farm mk 2

toyfarmer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pics toyfarmer!!!. someone asked how you did the bales, could you explain for us all please! ;D

the bales are made from hairfelt pipe lagging, it comes in rolls about 100mm wide and about 5 metres long. i cut it into strips to match the width of the britains round bales then rolled it up till i got the right diameter and glued it together, here's a picture of a prototype which is a bit small but shows the natural colour

P7110124.jpg

then i sprayed them with cuprinol garden shades sage green wood stain and i used orange cotton for the bale twine. to be honest i'm not really happy with the colour of the bales and was a bit worried as since i made them a mate told me nobody uses bale twine anymore although i don't know if this is true [it's along time since i lived on the farm] but the wife had an operation three weeks ago and i've been that busy doing the household chores after work that i've had no time to experiment with different colours anyway enough of my rambling on, hope everybody can understand how i made them any questions please ask  :)

I think your bales look great mate ;)The colours seem ok to me.Did you get the pipe lagging in a plumbers supply shop?

i'm in the trade mate so i got mine from work but you can get it from any good plumbing merchants  :)

Your topic is oozing class mate. Every pic is alive with detail and they are fascinating to look at. Worry not on the tine issue with round bales, depends on the baler. Buy yourself a cheapy Britains/Ertl John Deere baler as they were very often twine in real life.  ;)

A total plesure to watch this layout grow!

I realy love the dirty wheels on the mowing tractor.

Is that a beet drill I spy in the shed?

sure is mate, bought it from towse trading at spalding. www.britainstoyfarm.co.uk

P7190131.jpg

P7190130.jpg

had the combine out this week to check all is in order ready for the harvest

P7190132.jpg

P7190134.jpg

P7190135.jpg

P7190136.jpg

Lovely pics!

I like the models a lot ;)

But can you get more pictures for me of the shed where the marston is in? ;)

I want to make one looking a bit like that :)

Thanks anyway ;)

did you mean this one mate

P7210149-1.jpg

measures 500mm wide 220mm deep and 110mm high, brick walls are 6mm mdf covered with 1/35th scale brick paper, wood frame is 5mm x 2mm and roof beams are 10mm x 2mm

P7210144.jpg

P7210145.jpg

P7210146.jpg