Lilliput Vale Heritage Park

Leakeyvale

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love Lilliput Vale Sue (I know... getting repetitive in my old age ::))... think I might change scales myself once Toytrac is over. You have so much choice with regard landscaping and buildings in 00 gauge... not to mention with my tiny house it would take up much less room :)

I just love Lilliput Vale Sue (I know... getting repetitive in my old age ::))... think I might change scales myself once Toytrac is over. You have so much choice with regard landscaping and buildings in 00 gauge... not to mention with my tiny house it would take up much less room :)

Don't you believe it. Lilliput Vale started as 1 x 1' then went to 1 x 2 now is 3 x 2 with a possible add-on of another 1 x 2 module and/or another 2 x 2 module

I agree it is more manageable.  What I have is almost the equivalent of Leaky Vale's 22 sq feet but the models are limited unless you go into plastics.  Great fun though!

• 3 weeks later...

Well Lilliput Vale is almost ready for the Andover Show on Saturday 8th.  Here it is in the display cabinet and all I now have to do is either fasten the loose items or pack them for transport.

The second cabinet will house some of Leakey Vale's tractors and implements in the museum setting built by Stu for his 1:43 cars.  I just had to give it an airing. (no photo)

post-1227-132638933117_thumb.jpg

I am considering keeping it in the exhibition case as last picture, although I can feel another module or two coming on and I cannot afford to use both cabinets just for the one or I shall have to shuffle the contents too often. 

Looking at the first posting it was 11" x 9" to start with and then 24" x 12" and now is 38" x 24" and I so love the buildings  ::) ::)

How did the show go Sue?  :)

Went very well with plenty of people through the door and Barry Randall, the organiser was well pleased.  Strangely it was the Silver Star bus that prompted most of the questions and even Barry wanted to know how many Silver Stars I had.  It turns out he has been collecting them, or rather trying to collect them.  I have 11 models and he only has 4.  Needless to say I have orders to bring all the Silver Stars as well as Lilliput Vale as well next year.

Not a lot of farm stuff this year but one chap had a lovely tinplate tractor for sale.  I did not buy it as it was the wrong scale.

Lovely old traction engines outside including Tasker's own Little Giant "Pride of Anna Valley"

Don't you believe it. Lilliput Vale started as 1 x 1' then went to 1 x 2 now is 3 x 2 with a possible add-on of another 1 x 2 module and/or another 2 x 2 module

I agree it is more manageable.  What I have is almost the equivalent of Leaky Vale's 22 sq feet but the models are limited unless you go into plastics.  Great fun though!

Layout is looking great Sue, always the plan small layout at first, but you enjoy making new bits and pieces, different scenes and before you know it your kocnking the wall down into the neighbours  ;) Great layout Sue looking forward to more updates.