woodside farm

Pete

It is great on large areas, principally because that's what it's designed for anyway. Not only that but with very little work you can get lovely smooth floors for things like workshops and grainstores.... let some plastruct channels in with silver mesh stuck over the top, screed right up to them and bingo, drying floor.... does make life easy, it's very liquid when it goes down and a rapid set will be dry in under an hour at the sort of thicknesses we use.

Definitely a modern building material though, not really convincing if used in vintage style dioramas

i

like this for the corn shed ;D was planning on floor drying so channels would work good ;);D. have you done this already

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not for a long time Pete... I made a layout about 15 years ago using whatever ply sheets I could find lying around the yard. As I recall I had a large shed, a dairy unit which was basically the Britains one built into a shed, couple more barns, entrance roadway, muck stand, silage pit, all based out using this floor screed. Scraped in gullies for drainage and left a space out for a cattle grid, which I think I made from the sprue from plastic modelling kits. For drying floor and also feed troughs I used some kind of basket vent [as well as the farm my father ran a pretty large building company and surplus materials were kept in a yard at the farm] of unknown origin, cutting them in half to create flat grilles. With what I know now it will all be done very differently but the floor screed will most definitely remain the same!!

It was very heath robinson as one would expect from a 13 year old but it was effective. I sold it to a neighbour's son for a few quid when we moved and unfortunately no photos exist. Mother never thought to take any either I would imagine, not really her thing  ;):D

In a word, fab! The copse looks terrific Pete, you ought to keep an eye out for some lead pheasants to put in there. Maybe even cut the crows off of a few Britains scarecrows to sit in the tree tops ;)

Grain store looks promising as well. Going to watch that, be good when you weather it. :)

In a word, fab! The copse looks terrific Pete, you ought to keep an eye out for some lead pheasants to put in there. Maybe even cut the crows off of a few Britains scarecrows to sit in the tree tops ;)

Grain store looks promising as well. Going to watch that, be good when you weather it. :)

thank you kindly ;) like the idea of crows and pheasents ;) ;).

space at the rear of corn shed is where fan house will be going, need another shopping trip rappidly running out of parts again. :D :D

like the pictures of the old ford mowing, farms looking very good, great start to the grain store  :)

thanks toyfarmer ;D

thanks mike was a good day out, got some excellant comments ;D ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

some very nice pictures in this topic; I love especially No 1106, the old cab Ford rotorvating the soil, very nice - that's sheer style!

every farm needs an old tractor about the place to do the daft little jobs, taking into account the rising cost of fuel. thanks for the comment ;)

Nice display you have going there BlueFan, good to see the old Ford workhorses still at it in the fields!  ;D

thanks ;D keep trying to find time to do some more but having just moved house i'm been kept busy in there. I'll get back on soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

been trying to put pictures on but my bluetooth connecter has packed up so not able to transfare pictures from my phone  :(, still i'll give you an update :)

added another board last night so farm covers 3 sections now. This one is for the house and to make the front field have enougth space to hold a tractor and one of the machines. Looking for one of the old britains green houses for the garden, and playing about with a veg garden.

grain store not finished yet but do's resemble a fair structure now.

will get new conector at the weekend and fingers crossed we'll have pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...

and again  ;) as can be seen grain store still under construction, and lots of landscapeing needed. intending to alter the britains house considerably but was a good starting point

post-1653-132638898998_thumb.jpg

post-1653-1326388990_thumb.jpg