woodside farm

Pete

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liking the latest updates alot, really good.

thanks tris. will look better when i get another britains shed to finish of the bays and will be spraying all beams with stone spray.

reading ya post i see you use jeffersons in scarbrough, i used to go there for alot of my models, can you remember or ever use kirbies that were at bridlington? about 14 years ago since his big shop in the town centre then he moved oppersite the harbour for 2 years then packed up, was the best place around for britains, siku and playmobile and had loads of stuff for girls like barbie etc

likeing ya layout, were do you get most of ya models from as there arnt any shops left round us selling them

reading ya post i see you use jeffersons in scarbrough, i used to go there for alot of my models, can you remember or ever use kirbies that were at bridlington? about 14 years ago since his big shop in the town centre then he moved oppersite the harbour for 2 years then packed up, was the best place around for britains, siku and playmobile and had loads of stuff for girls like barbie etc

likeing ya layout, were do you get most of ya models from as there arnt any shops left round us selling them

yeah i remember kirbies, used to love going there. there is a small shop round corner called croppers that sell britains, siku and a few others and they have another shop near swimming baths that sells all parts for building.

also worth a look is a small shop near the tesco's selling 2nd hand models.

get most things form dave towse at beverley and also use country models at halsham and websters at owstwick.

slight up date ;) desperatly need another shopping trip. started building new grain store, still need to get another britains building and planning to spray structure with stone spray(i liked that idea so got to copy). barn still needs sides boarding.

been spraying using t7060 getting ready to exchange this amazone for the uh when it comes out ;D ;D

post-1653-1326387706_thumb.jpg

post-1653-132638770616_thumb.jpg

slight up date ;) desperatly need another shopping trip. started building new grain store, still need to get another britains building and planning to spray structure with stone spray(i liked that idea so got to copy). barn still needs sides boarding.

been spraying using t7060 getting ready to exchange this amazone for the uh when it comes out ;D ;D

pm me, i have some britains sheds i will sell you ;)

got the extra shed now :) can now get on with building the big shed, going to use the extra sections to build between the two.

also purchased some more fert bags whilst there. :D :D

post-1653-132638771278_thumb.jpg

Advice sought.

as you pull from the main road in to the yard you leave a graveled road on to ply :( the floors of the grain store and pig shed need to be concrete, what have people found best for this? the remainder of the yard i dont know what best to use. any thoughts?

Advice sought.

as you pull from the main road in to the yard you leave a graveled road on to ply :( the floors of the grain store and pig shed need to be concrete, what have people found best for this? the remainder of the yard i dont know what best to use. any thoughts?

I used to use Febfloor self levelling screed. Comes as a powder similar to cement which you mix with water and then trowel on. Once it's started to go off you can texture it a bit, score in rain water gullies etc. Was the best thing I ever found for it. If you go for one of the modern flexible resin screeds it will stand being transported around a bit better too. Not sure where you would buy it from, we get it from commercial flooring suppliers but the likes of your local tile centre of builders merchant may have it...

Oh, and it's naturally concrete coloured!!

I used Polyfilla on all of my yard at Leverets Farm, looks great smeared in soil to look worn & used. I like what Simon is saying though :)

i've used polyfilla before and did get good result but never thought about mixing soil in :o,

I used to use Febfloor self levelling screed. Comes as a powder similar to cement which you mix with water and then trowel on. Once it's started to go off you can texture it a bit, score in rain water gullies etc. Was the best thing I ever found for it. If you go for one of the modern flexible resin screeds it will stand being transported around a bit better too. Not sure where you would buy it from, we get it from commercial flooring suppliers but the likes of your local tile centre of builders merchant may have it...

Oh, and it's naturally concrete coloured!!

i like this idea for the big sheds. ;)

It is great on large areas, principally because that's what it's designed for anyway. Not only that but with very little work you can get lovely smooth floors for things like workshops and grainstores.... let some plastruct channels in with silver mesh stuck over the top, screed right up to them and bingo, drying floor.... does make life easy, it's very liquid when it goes down and a rapid set will be dry in under an hour at the sort of thicknesses we use.

Definitely a modern building material though, not really convincing if used in vintage style dioramas