woodside farm

Pete

although were in days of minimal cultivation, these heavy clay soils still get hard to work patches which need the plough's touch so we took the decision to trade in the old 5 furrow plough for a new kuhn 6 furrow. ;D;);D

post-1653-132639085397_thumb.jpg

post-1653-132639085459_thumb.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see that this very nice farm is still growing with some very nice machinery as well  :o;)

thanks britainsfan ;D

Nice Pete, love the back of that building too, top quality stuff mate ;D

Thanks simon, ;)things have been neglected abit of late but finally got new plough and about to order some bits from the squires book to complete some ongoing projects ;) ;) :D

• 1 month later...

following the descision of the family to up sticks leave east yorkshire and move up the coast a few miles my thoughts have moved to the dismantalling of the layout and weather it might be nice to start a fresh using ideas from the surrounding countryside, after all north yorkshire is very hilly not like the flat layout i currently have. Any thoughts ??? ???

following the descision of the family to up sticks leave east yorkshire and move up the coast a few miles my thoughts have moved to the dismantalling of the layout and weather it might be nice to start a fresh using ideas from the surrounding countryside, after all north yorkshire is very hilly not like the flat layout i currently have. Any thoughts ??? ???

keep the same layout but change it a bit at a time so it looks like the new area  ;)

flatten it and start again to match ya new suroundings, i know of a good 1/32 demo firm with plenty of diggers ;D

they have a great ford backhoe that came from woodside farm services :D

flatten it and start again to match ya new suroundings, i know of a good 1/32 demo firm with plenty of diggers ;D

they have a great ford backhoe that came from woodside farm services :D

think demo and rebuild will be the route i take ;)

great layout bluefan  ;D

thanks diggerboy ;)

a sad day  :'( , but hope the new farm will be much better  ;);D

getting ideas :)::) wanting slopping ground around the farm yard, considering selling out of pigs and starting a beef herd ;), bit more in keeping with the surrouds of scarborough. Excellant part is the number of model shops there, if i need any plastic sections or landscape materials its a two minute walk :D :D ;)

A tough decision to make mate but with those buildings and the layout you have already, the ideas and inspiration you may get to start again could be overwhelming if Woodside is anything to go by.

things can only get better so they say :D started yesterday on my first building. Brick building with full timber detailed roof with slates on will post pics tomorrow ;)

• 3 weeks later...