The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

Agreed and yes it is a shame Sean.... Mind you... I must admit.. I quite enjoy the ride and it gets me out of the office for longer  ;D

Tyres come from the consumables budget anyway  :D :D :D

Seriously... it's not a major problem anyway really... I think we've just rolled on in our usual way and found a possible solution to a problem that's not worthy of being fixed.

Tooth bucket would be nice... although I do use this one for various yard jobs where a straight edge is vital - like 'sweeping' the floor  :-\

If I won the lotto I could have both I guess  :D :D

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want a toothed bucket but dont want to lose your straight edge..... easy, go see your loacal enginer and get him to make up a slip on tooth set, couple of bolts hold it on in the bottom of the bucket, and one on each side, slip it over the cutting edge( the straight bit) slip your 4 bolts in (just nuts on the side bolts, break out the soil you need then drop the tooth slip of and you have a straight edge again...

Its not heavy enough for that Nick.... probably only 4mm steel I reckon.. wouldn't be strong enough for teeth mate sadly  :-\

That should be enough, just get strips on the tooth frame that go to the back of the bucket. ill mesure teh thickness of my bucket, we abuse it to max! still havent bent it

4 n 1 bucket is the other option...

Or chuck away your stright bucket and get a toothed one and make a slip on straight edge, that is the easyest way.... makes the most sence to me realy

do they make trailers to marky??? saw one with a cherry logo on the other day and have never heard of them

They do mate... none on display today... but in the pictures they look good  :-\

Frankie's certainly putting the work in now Marky, glad to see he's doing away fine Marky........ :);)

thanks Mart.... she's doing more and more... I am hoping to get some corn carting work too  :-\

Agreed and yes it is a shame Sean.... Mind you... I must admit.. I quite enjoy the ride and it gets me out of the office for longer  ;D

Tyres come from the consumables budget anyway  :D :D :D

Seriously... it's not a major problem anyway really... I think we've just rolled on in our usual way and found a possible solution to a problem that's not worthy of being fixed.

Tooth bucket would be nice... although I do use this one for various yard jobs where a straight edge is vital - like 'sweeping' the floor  :-\

If I won the lotto I could have both I guess  :D :D

Watch out Marky you might scratch it. Do you touch it up afterwards :D :D :D:) :)

Both I guess Mart... well... I can offer both I guess and see what happens - the only trouble with the Bailey is tipping height really.. not many stores have the roof height for her fully raised  :-\

Watch out Marky you might scratch it. Do you touch it up afterwards :D :D :D:) :)

You watch it mister  >:( - Nowt wrong with well kept kit you know  >:(:D :D :D:-*

• 5 weeks later...

Marky did you make any more enquiries in to having your top soil bagged up in to those one ton dumpy builder center/jewson type bags as I had to buy one ton for a job today at builder center got charged sixty five nicker inc vat and had to split it up in two loads and take it away myself.

Just fought I'd tell ya as a price guide as to what other competitor's charge

Blimey Jamie ... that's crazy money mate isn't it...

well... funny you shoud ask.. last week I picked up a 'hopper thingy' to load the bags... I'll get some pics next week so you can see... we filled one with gravel just to see how it went - worked a treat too..

I'll be £25 for a bag I reckon  ;D

Thats a bargain then Mark,I reckon you will be very busy with those prices,this was rolawn top soil for going underneath turf.

Just done a rolawn.com quote 88 quid delivered to site for one bag,you must be on to a winner here mate :)

be interesting to see how the bags get loaded :)

yeah big money for a dumpy bag now even the local skip firm are doing it now. delivering with the skip lorry. they buy it in bulk and load it up in to bags themselfs. they even supply the local garden centre.

hoppery thingy eh, is the hopper the same width as your bucket to????almost as if you planned it when you bought it mate :D :D

recon the dump bags will go a storm mate, especially if you can deliver to , maybe a second hand builders wagon with hiab is in order??? one of them small 7.5t dafs like the yards down here have for country lane access should do for a starter