Lime spreader

Guest Fendt pwr

Yer ricky thats how we load lime pellets.

A truck with it's bin in up and a hyd powered belt elevator filling the spreader is loads faster,from what I've seen. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely!!

Over here i found the handiest way to work with lime is in granules, it can be applied using a spinner sower before or after i sow the grain and amounts are easier controlled,

Back on topic. . .

That 4d models site is good, just cost me over 100 notes!! aw well hopefully make something usefull. ::)

e.m.a is a good place to for unusal stuff as well as the normal bit's and bobs,it's mail order,but they take orders by phone,try the link for the catolouge,very quick dispatch,thats where the ladders came from for the silo and stuff i do

http://www.ema-models.com/

• 5 weeks later...

Dunno, maybe to drive the belt?? I know they may be oil motors on the smaller ones but on them big ones with all that wieght pushing down on the belta pto sounds like it would drive it better?? i could be wrong like.

Don't under estimate the power of an Hydraulic drive and a reduction gearbox.  ;)

White or light grey........ this one is for Fendt Power, maybe the root crop body I'm making will be pink!? ;)

Can I have me Hawe in pink aswell ??? ??? ???

Some of these big trailers, hook loaders etc do have the option of PTO shafts to run there own hydraulic systems. Most will have there own hydraulic oil reservoir, pump etc under the chassis for the rams, pumps and the likes it powers. They do this as as not all tractors don't have the oil capcity, flow rate etc capable of tipping 30+ ton of wheat. There loads of reasons why they have them bit I'd say that was the main one. The UH cargo trailer is a perfect example of what I'm on about as that has it's own PTO powered hydraulic system ;) ;)