Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Thanks for your help I would be looking for tractors that have suitable wheels for a jd 3350 and then I'd like to buy some other Brocken tractors for parts just to have and could come in handy for other models I have also would like tyres to put on my uh massey 3080 conversion  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-Stobart-Rail-Converted-Landrover-Very-Rare-/181948455141?hash=item2a5cf918e5:g:wjgAAOSwv-NWXfyb

Interesting, seems really odd considering its a pointless scale even for Stobart Mad Collectors, wouldn't fit with any of the truck scales, nor would it fit model railway scales and not exactly the ideal scale for a promotional piece. Would expect to see something more official on the letter such as Stobart or Britains emblem even if its just from the auction house.

That's true James no britains logo or even a label in the box like you sometimes get with a prototype model. I did win a while back an old ros excavator which was apparently stobart rail with no tracks, but that was definetly not genuine just stickers on the arm thinking this could be the same thing?? 

Edited by Jordan_coe2012
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this on ebay and this is what there selling   This is one of the first of many auctions I will be listing from my late father's personal Britains collection of over 900 boxed toys which he collected from 1970-2015.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-Farm-Toy-Model-Valtra-Valmet-115-City-Tractor-model-no-09448-/291638087139?hash=item43e6fc0de3:g:bUkAAOSwHQ9Wbafw

Anyone know this person ?? 

8 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Seen this on ebay and this is what there selling   This is one of the first of many auctions I will be listing from my late father's personal Britains collection of over 900 boxed toys which he collected from 1970-2015.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-Farm-Toy-Model-Valtra-Valmet-115-City-Tractor-model-no-09448-/291638087139?hash=item43e6fc0de3:g:bUkAAOSwHQ9Wbafw

Anyone know this person ?? 

Sorry haven't a clue as to who he is but I would say his UK shipping charge is expensive, only costs £2-60 to sent one of these via MyHermes. I hope he is insuring them for more than the standard compensation amount and wrapping well for that shipping cost.

P

Edited by PDH

23 hours ago, MadMark said:

You can send that for £3.90 2nd class signed for by royal mail;D A lot of people look at the p&p amount and when it comes they look at what it cost to post and then moan, they don't think about if the seller is using new boxes what they cost and things like bubble wrap, that's why it's called post and packaging. Mind you there are some people that takes the pi## by charging silly amounts like £8 for second class postage. When I lived up north I knew a person who added a pound to the cost just for them taking the parcel to to post office!!

Thats why on eBay its better to increase the item price and offer free shipping. You can 'hide' an high shipping cost and you are more likely to get a sale because of the free shipping.

Shipping cost is one of the feedback factors and a low score for perceived high postage can impact badly.

BTW it costs about 75 pence to a pound to properly pack a UH tractor for shipping to a UK address. You just have to do your research and shop around for the materials. Also if the selling cost is under £25 with MyHermes you don't need the signed for charge as its tracked all the way and that's good enough for eBay.

MyHermes are issuing new machines to their delivery people, if they call and there is no one at home to take delivery they have to take a photo(s) of where they leave the parcel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadMark said:

Also Ebay charges you a percentage on postage charges that's why many people offer free postage, why pay a fee for selling on there and then another for what you charge for postage? 

I saw another courier firm taking a photo of where they had left an item the other day, good idea for the driver as he's covering his self. I have a notice in my window saying if no one is in please leave a card so I can re arrange delivery as I have "safe place" for a parcel to be left because I live in a ground floor flat with the main enterance to the building next to my front door, so anyone could take the parcel. as for MyHemes they think a "safe place" is by the bins when it's pouring down with rain and Yodel just puts a card through the door without even knocking!! I like the click and collect from Argos option as I know it's in a safe place and as I live only 5 minutes away from Argos it's not out of my way to collect it (one of the perks of living close to the centre of town)

Yodel.. !!!.>:( Only once ever  did I have to deal with them & that one time they were a disaster !!!! 

• Like 1

One for the crazy prices tab, weise toys Deutz DX6.31 - £108.70

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weise-Toys-Deutz-Fahr-AgroStar-DX-6-31-1990-1993-Turbo-Tractor-/191762568106?hash=item2ca5f093aa:g:0OQAAOSwlV9WSt9k

Less than half that price through a well known internet seller, even including postage

1 hour ago, robbo said:

One for the crazy prices tab, weise toys Deutz DX6.31 - £108.70

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weise-Toys-Deutz-Fahr-AgroStar-DX-6-31-1990-1993-Turbo-Tractor-/191762568106?hash=item2ca5f093aa:g:0OQAAOSwlV9WSt9k

Less than half that price through a well known internet seller, even including postage

Got a Weise DX6.31from Amazon a few months back for around £15 posted....which was a real bargain  .. but £108.!!!!!!!!  That Deutz will be sitting on Ebay for ever unsold ..

• Like 1