Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

• 3 weeks later...

More than I paid for mine and well the box looks faded so I would say they are expecting a bit too much. They are a very good working model though.

if you look at this guys other items he always has loads of older britains on ebay and all id say at super inflated prices, but if he can sell them at that price the rest of us should be holding out, on that a lot of his items are relisted many times

• 2 weeks later...

got one of those in the loft ready to make up, but mines got a container trailer with it to, and as luck would have it i also found another made unboxed trailer a few weeks later, so with luck i plan to make a old taskers artic tipper for the lorry ,the ones with the rounded sides and a motor for the tipping, not lorry powered

Same plan as me then Sean, I have the same set as you, plus a full tilt trailer and I think maybe even another container trailer too. I did bid on this unit too but it's gone silly now, I think I paid about £25 for the set I have - unit and trailer. There is a Scania 141 too apparently but it's rare to see, also a Globetrotter cabbed variant of the Volvo was made, I missed that one in a set a year or two back and have kicked myself ever since.  :'(

Even the trailers make good money :of I see theres a remains of a set on ebay as well (just the container) with the box behind it. I wonder if it's worth getting the container and having a few cast as they would be ideal as spray stores or something similar on a farm set up?

ive been after a container as a spray store for ages,so yeah,good idea about the casting mark

He's a collector, so he's not desperate to sell and as Sean said, his models are absolutely top notch (he was given a huge quantity of old shop stock). Really nice chap too :)

I can only wish I had ;) ;)

Hell of a twitch there, Bill.. ...

I only saw that about ten minutes before you did JD Collector.  ... the first thing the Mrs said was "have you got anything like that you could sell"? Women, they just don't get it do they?!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...