Stone Built Building Mk11

Having now seen it I am still no further forward in understanding quite how something like this can be achieved without running short of expletives during the building ofit. Although a little birdie told me Damien does have a condition which leaves him intolerent to hot solder. . ..  ;):D

It's the eight wonder of the world.

Everybody has a weakness Tris... and hot solder is mine!!

Thanks for all the comments folks..it was good to finally get it out of the house and on display, but I was a bit dubious how it would fair on the journey down - didn't do too bad though 'cos it just lost one door hanging and a corbel.

Toytrac '09 is a bit debatable at the moment, we will just have to see what happens later in the year with the work situation.

I am now sat back at the table with the tweezers and snips again - dry stone walling!

It was really good to meet everybody again - and I must say a very big THANK YOU to Roger & Val for making space for my building on their stand. Dad's Tractors really helped set it off.

ps...I think you all know now who is typing this now - his hands are busy with the tweezers

only really got to have a proper look at it near the end of the day once it got quiet,so taht speaks voloumes for it really, superb work i must say, so whats planned next to go with it mate

Hi Sean..thanks for the comments..the next stage is to get it onto a bigger board (4' x 2') with a dry stone wall perimeter and gated entrance - then I can get some tractors on it. So far I have got about 18" of the way with the walling.

• 5 months later...

Hi Sean..thanks for the comments..the next stage is to get it onto a bigger board (4' x 2') with a dry stone wall perimeter and gated entrance - then I can get some tractors on it. So far I have got about 18" of the way with the walling.

i dare say if you gave up on the wall & decided to use toffee apple & lolly sticks to fence it, the end result would be equally impressive ! cant add much to whats been said except i did look gaze at this at spalding it's an exceptional piece of work  :)

• 5 months later...