Mick Cooper's Farm Layout - pics courtesey of Rory

i've said it before, ill say it again WOW :o :o :o what a layout. If woodside ever gets to be a quater of this ill be happy.

Looks like a NewRay conversion.  There is a better picture of it in Classic Tractor this month.

according to classic, its micks conversion based on new ray chassis & john hardy bulk body

Dear Bluefan

Glad you like the pictures...Mick's farm layout is indeed amazing. There is even more to it than whay you've seen, which I wasnt able to show in the overall views because the lens on my camera isn't wide enough. He also has a main farm residence out of shot on the left of the diorama and some more outlying fields to the right of the main picture. The scale is amazing.

As for Mick being a member of FTF, he has a year to go until retirement (65) and isn't up to speed with computers and the internet. He does all his buying at toy fairs and shows, etc. It helps that his wife collectors dolls houses, so he picks up some good ideas and kit from dolls house fairs.

Regards

Rory

Dear Bluefan

Glad you like the pictures...Mick's farm layout is indeed amazing. There is even more to it than whay you've seen, which I wasnt able to show in the overall views because the lens on my camera isn't wide enough. He also has a main farm residence out of shot on the left of the diorama and some more outlying fields to the right of the main picture. The scale is amazing.

As for Mick being a member of FTF, he has a year to go until retirement (65) and isn't up to speed with computers and the internet. He does all his buying at toy fairs and shows, etc. It helps that his wife collectors dolls houses, so he picks up some good ideas and kit from dolls house fairs.

Regards

Rory

Thanks Rory, does he accept visitors?

Sorry buddy... not got a clue... I don't know Mick... sadly.... yet

think from the bit in ct mag he made it him self, a tims chassis and a cut down john hardy?? or similar body, not herd of them mind

marky the article says the boxes cam from a guy in scotland mate??? quid each a guy called david todd

The ribbed boxes are mine Sean.. i gave them to Bill Richardson.. he gave them to Mick... it's the flat sides boxes that he gets from the guy in Scotland Sean E babes... er.... i think  :-[

ah to be honest i didnt notice that he had both types, just flicked through the pics in here and ct and your right

who is the john hardy body made by then???? ie the toy one as i havnt seen one of those before

the layout is amazing, i have been invited by mick to visit him and see layout but havent as yet :-[ great to see a couple of holderness models convos on there ;D

as for the volvo, its a newray/wellie unit streched and a john hardy resin artic grain bulker cut down (pm me if you want one) and placed on the chassie ;)  mick has made his own streched 8 wheeler, he asked 4c to make one but he must have got bored of waiting :D ha ha!

I love it!!! The grain bins are something I would like to have at Leverets but not half as big, just enough for a few acres of barley to be stored. In one pic there is an old backhoe, anyone know what it is? Conrad or NZG I asume but not sure. The field scenes are brilliant, love it all.  :)

the layout is amazing, i have been invited by mick to visit him and see layout but havent as yet :-[ great to see a couple of holderness models convos on there ;D

as for the volvo, its a newray/wellie unit streched and a john hardy resin artic grain bulker cut down (pm me if you want one) and placed on the chassie ;)   mick has made his own streched 8 wheeler, he asked 4c to make one but he must have got bored of waiting :D ha ha!

Seen as you know so much, you know so little Sparrowlegs. Mr Cooper (to you) was interested in a hook lift 8 wheeler, NOT a bulker.

I love it!!! The grain bins are something I would like to have at Leverets but not half as big, just enough for a few acres of barley to be stored. In one pic there is an old backhoe, anyone know what it is? Conrad or NZG I asume but not sure. The field scenes are brilliant, love it all.  :)

I thought it either looked like the rear of a 50B or a Ford 550 ???