DeWitt Farms

I'v started construction of a new display and I was able to take some equipment shots. It is still has a ways to go but I wanted to Introduce myself and display to the board. I tend to collect 1/64th but with the details on some of the 1/32 and 1/16 models coming out I might have to make more room in my collection.

100_0729.jpg

100_0713.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0667.jpg

Ill have more as work progresess. Thanks for looking, Luke

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 1:64 scale does not take up too much room so expansion is not too much of a problem.  Have no idea what is available in that scale but  it looks good.

I have a large collection of 1:32 but have now started collecting 1:76 as I am running out of space! 8)

looks great, thanks for sharing, great first post!!! ;D ;D ;D.....i suggest you get a few jobs then if your going into 1:32 as well.....its not cheap! :D :D :D

I know what you mean, im off to work as we speak. I guess it's a price to pay for a great hobby  ;D  Thanks,

Luke

I would seriously consider a 1/64th layout in the future, the detail on them is far better than I ever thought and the cost/choice is incredible. Great work so far and I look forward to the rest. Great username by the way  ;)

I would seriously consider a 1/64th layout in the future, the detail on them is far better than I ever thought and the cost/choice is incredible. Great work so far and I look forward to the rest. Great username by the way  ;)

We had a discussion of sorts about the Lilliput stuff which was produced in the 1950s and is superbly detailed without the use of computers.  Today's small-scale models are really super-detailed and I have seen some 1:82[think 82] John Deere Waterloo Boy/Overtimes which were every bit as good as my 1:32

:o :o - looking goooooood already... I'm a HUGE fan of 1:64's myself... A little too much green for me it has to be said... but a cracking display all the same...

As Ben says... what a first post  :o - welcome aboard... I'll enjoy watching this one grow... I can feel your wallet emptying as we speak  :D :D

Got that song in my head now...

Another one bites the dust  ;D:D :D

Thanks for sharing Luke

Potatoman: I have to say it's around 200 +/- I dont have an exact number but I think one of these days ill pull everything out and check.

Lord Ferguson: My wallet seems to have  hole in it  ;D Everytime it gets filled up it seems its empty again. Dont worry you'll see more colors soon. Not to mention that there may be a 1/64th New Holland FR 90x0 series SPFH being produced as an authentic. It is still rumors but from what I have been hearing chances are looking good.

GreenSheetAndYellowRims: I got it from scratch-cast out of South Dakota. It set me back a pretty penny but these guys do great work and are great to work with. They can be tough to get ahold of because they are only open from November-March and take limited orders.

Thanks, Luke

STUNNING... in a word...  :o :o

Some cracking shots there... well posed... they almost look real... which in 1:64 scale is not mean feat  :o .. many thanks for sharing... I love them all... but they Steiger pic (the last one) on the disc plough looks like a brochure shot...

Many thanks for sharing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well it has been a while since I have worked on my display and alot has happened over the past months but it will be going under a over hall. What I can report is that it it has been moved off the floor and a few more details have been added but I need to redo the ends because I cut twice and measured once  :-:D In the mean time I am working on a smaller display that will be easier to take outside for pictures once completed. As of right now it has two lean-tos, two silos and a large bunk area. Since it is not complete I decided to give you a sneak peak at one part. It is an old John Deere 630 and grain drill that made it's way to the weed patch many years ago and sits to this day.

103_0043.jpg

103_0042.jpg