DeWitt Farms

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments guys.  ;):)

Well I finally sat down to get a small journal together. It has been a hectic year so far on DeWitt farms. We were hoping to get a demo of a New Holland bi-directional but many delays and a neighboring farms bidirectional in the shop for major repairs is making us think of a going a different route for a mowing machine. We are starting to search for a triple mower combination such as a Kuhn or Pottinger.

Our John Deere dealer brought out a new 6140D for a demo and while we liked it we did not care for the transmission set up and we are looking for something a little smaller to keep up the grounds. The new Kinze planter has been great so far and we are happy we bought it.

First cutting is almost finished. We have a few more fields to cut but we will wait a few days on them. We were rushing to finish the cut fields because a rain storm that was suppose to stay south decided to make a trip north to the farm. As a result we had to merge and chop the fields almost as soon as they were cut. The Claas Jaguar has been exceeding our expectations and we are very happy with our purchase. The reason we had the NH haybine in the field is because it was a small field and we wanted to try out the 6140D on the haybine. Well that is it for now I will make an update as any new equipment arrives or the machine shop makes progress. Any questions/ comments feel free to ask.

103_1151.jpg

103_1166-1.jpg

103_1211.jpg

103_1216.jpg

103_1221.jpg

100_1092-1.jpg

Lovely, you've a right good setup, Luke. I love both the first and the last pics in the drilling photo set. The image is just right with the slightly out of focus bacdrop. Excellent work and a joy to see someone putting their all into a different scale and taking plenty of time to show us.  :) :) :)

Good job as always Luke :). I always enjoy the story's with the pictures making it just that bit more realistic. Keep up the good work!

BTW; Are you from Dutch origin having 'Dewitt' as a surname because it sounds rather Dutch to me ;)?

• 2 weeks later...