irish national ploughing championships 2008 (cuffesgrange kilkenny)

jdman

the cost id say put a lot of companies off displaying theyre machinery we were talking to i think its michael form crowleys who had a couple of terex diggers on the terex stand he said it was €20,000 just for the 3days :o imagine the amount of models you could get with that ;D

Ploughings way too commercial.The cost of space is so high the people farmers depend on for service and repairs cant afford to attend and the fast buck merchants are all over the place.Great place to meet  people but the organisers are too busy counting money . Traffics crazy,Car parking miles away for the public yet as you walk through the empty fields to the event your constantly being passed by cars full of people who are allowed through by the stewards.Waves of stewards checking everybody on the way in just in case anybody forgot to pay and not a sign of a steward all day to deal with the inevitable problems that emerge and where are they when everybody is stuck in the field for hours trying to leave. The event is moved around every year so the NPA dont have to spend money putting up a decent facility .Of course there will be a huge crowd again this year but its far from perfect. The absence of John Deere says it all.

• 2 months later...

started collage at lackham this september

look out for them doing a rebuild of an olf massey ferguson ***

i helped load it onto the tralier and put all the parts on during my pratical lesson the other day

look out for a chap called john dixon hes incharge and also my tutor

thought id add some info in here