Ford 6600's & 5000's

Udimore

Hi, Does anyone out there have any ideas why the Ford 6600's are worth more money than the earlier 5000 (square mudguard version) with virtually the same castings, doesn't make any sense to me i would have thought the older models would be worth more????

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hang about this forum i have set up must be changing things, just sold a 6600 for a mere 26GBP & a 5000 went for 44gbp. Whats going on ??? ???

Does anyone own the 1963 version of the Super Major??

Which forum did you set up??

Yeah both had original cabs with slight yellowing but that always adds to the character i think ???, the average rate i have found has been 6600 = 34gbp & the 5000 = 29gbp.? ???

You've done well with the 6600's then, normally 25 to 30 for a tidy looking one, 30 to 50 for the 5000's as a rule.  :)

• 5 weeks later...

The problem I have is lack of funds so I keep selling my newest stuff to buy older models .

For instance I would rather have a boxed DDN than boxed MF 595,MF 590 FORD 6600 etc .

I also do a bit of converting for mates which brings in some more dough .

I try to let my collecting keep itself financially so I try to buy job lots etc .

That way is much quieter for me ,the wife can't moan then if we can't feed the 3 kids we have !