Ford 6600's & 5000's

Udimore

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 590 had the same box as the 595. the original 595 box artwork was produced in 1975 for the 1976 launch and carried through untill 1981 during which time the 590 was produced during 1977.

Crikey, thats as i thought, think i'll be swopping my boxes around later then  :D yippee

I have  mf 595 and mf 590, both boxed. Perhaps some people won't like what i have to tell but the box of the mf 590 is slightly different from the mf 595 box. Both boxes seem similar, but on the back of the mf 590 there is a factory printing change over the description of the mf 595. You can see the description of the mf 595 through it. The change refers to the caracteristics of the mf 590. So all those who think their problems are solved by putting a mf 590 in an mf 595 box are just fooling themselves. Would like to post pictures... but just don't know how!

If you have the pictures on the computer send them to any of the moderators and we are all glad to help...... :) :) :)

Yes please do, to be honest i am glad that there is a difference well at least we know where we stand, even though it may be a little irratic.

Yes please do, to be honest i am glad that there is a difference well at least we know where we stand, even though it may be a little irratic.

Exactly my thoughts as well .

The problem with these rare models there are so many different stories related to each variant .

I have another odity in the shape of a Ford 6600 .

It has normal 6600 chassis ,decals front grill but 5000 wheels and linkage .

But when you refer to most reference books they state that the 6600 only came with the beefed up linkage like on the later ones .

I have? mf 595 and mf 590, both boxed. Perhaps some people won't like what i have to tell but the box of the mf 590 is slightly different from the mf 595 box. Both boxes seem similar, but on the back of the mf 590 there is a factory printing change over the description of the mf 595. You can see the description of the mf 595 through it. The change refers to the caracteristics of the mf 590. So all those who think their problems are solved by putting a mf 590 in an mf 595 box are just fooling themselves. Would like to post pictures... but just don't know how!

Thanks for clarifying that as I know of some "dealers" who have picked up unboxed 590's and resold them in 595 boxes for a killing!

The problem with these rare models there are so many different stories related to each variant .

But when you refer to most reference books they state that the 6600 only came with the beefed up linkage like on the later ones .

There were cross over examples where the 66 castings came along the line while 5000 decals and parts were still not used up so there are many variants. I've found several 66's with 66 front grille but 5000 decals,wheels,linkage .

Yeah i've got a genuine one (5000), only made for 9 months in 75 i think, the exhaust was at the front like the 6000 but was the 5000 not the 6600 if that makes sense, but had the small tyres of the 5000 and all decals,linkage say 5000 not sure if thats what you mean steve cos i have heard of another variant when they started the 6600 it started the same as my one but with 6600 decals,linkage tyres but the 5000 exhaust remained.

Yeah i've got a genuine one (5000), only made for 9 months in 75 i think, the exhaust was at the front like the 6000 but was the 5000 not the 6600 if that makes sense, but had the small tyres of the 5000 and all decals,linkage say 5000 not sure if thats what you mean steve cos i have heard of another variant when they started the 6600 it started the same as my one but with 6600 decals,linkage tyres but the 5000 exhaust remained.

Yes thats similar to some 5000s I have .The one which you are buying off me is the type like the one you described but with the 6600 exhaust .

I bought 2 of them off a mate so I am keeping one back .Then last year I bought another one the same but in the gift set which includes the elevator,tedder etc .

I guess these are the kinds of models that make collecting them so interesting but it also leaves us all open to being sold tractors which are just mis-matched bitsa tractors .

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to post a picture of the MF 595 and 590 boxes. The MF 590 box is above a common MF 595 box. Both texts may appear similar, but if you take a close look, you will notice that the text of the MF 590 is a reprint in French describing the characteristics of the MF 590.