welgar 435 and hs2000

batcher

First time out for me with the combi did 150 bales lost a couple over the back (right pain to pick up again) till i got used to it  ;D But it dosen't help with no camara to see behind .Season has been fairly good so far done 7500 bails and ratteled a fair few acres off but a lot more to do  ;D

SUNP0009-14.jpg

SUNP0008-15.jpg

My mate has just done that to his BR??. Then they tried a Uniwrap and loved it. When the business comes down to him he will wiegh up the demand for bales and the price of wrap next year as to whether a second hand Uniwrap will be viable. For now though, they are pretty pleased with the combi. A bugger working across slopes though.

Will your boss get a camera sorted out Steve?

The output of combi is very slow changing wrap, wrap breaking alright if i only have up 30 acres a day to do .And if you end up on a slope you have to drop off the wrapper bale and then drop the bailer off and then wrap slows the job down too much .When this last week i have been covering upto 80 odd acres a day getting 70-80 bails an hour out of her in good going plus the wrapper man can do other jobs for an hour or two  ;D

We have some cameras in the shed just haven;t got around to it yet  ::)

I think my mate averaged 40/hr with the trailing wrapper and 45 in 45min with the Uniwrap. He did his maths and needs a garunteed 8000 bales a year to justify a second hand Uniwrap - that's with the cost of wrap as it is at the moment.

I think my mate averaged 40/hr with the trailing wrapper and 45 in 45min with the Uniwrap. He did his maths and needs a garunteed 8000 bales a year to justify a second hand Uniwrap - that's with the cost of wrap as it is at the moment.

We had a mchail fusion a few years back good tool when working alright but the reason it went was a fixed chamber at four foot not a lot of good for straw. 8000 bales dosen't seem a lot for a season  ;D I did 23000 last year silage/hay/straw hopefully i will get another new welgar 435 next season .We had a lorry load 24 pallets of wrap back in april all gone now half way thro another load going up at an alarming rate (hasen't said how much yet)