BC's Other Britain's

BC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was a nice find it and the sheep dip have never been unopened. Was more expensive than I was offering to pay but I made a offer for 5 and then we made a deal. I went back later and bought two Ford 5610 from Brian Norman. He certainly knows about Britain's. I saw him at the end of the show and he was away for a look around but he is suffering with his knees.

As far as I can tel there aren't any serial numbers on the Gun Metal Ford. All I can see underneath is Britains-Ertl 238 9 WY00 but I have no idea what that means. Does is it number 238 of 2009, I don't know  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ does anyone else have anything on theirs?

Thanks for the responses chaps. Obviously Mike and ploughmaster have unboxed their models but I don't intend to do that.

If you look back at the farm shop under model information it actually says that each model will be numbered...so what has happen has Britain's forgotten to number :of:(

Thanks for the responses chaps. Obviously Mike and ploughmaster have unboxed their models but I don't intend to do that.

If you look back at the farm shop under model information it actually says that each model will be numbered...so what has happen has Britain's forgotten to number :of:(

The number is impressed on the box too.  I was expecting mine to be numbered with a certificate - what is the point of a limited edition if there is nothing, apart from the box label, to say so.  Did they "forget" on purpose?  There is an old trick of so-called limited editions being released and a couple of years later the same model is re-released, unlimited, with no changes at half the price.

Not a great Britain's collector myself, but I'm impressed by the condition of all yours, especially your childhood stuff. I occasionally find bits of my early Britains in the garden.  :(

The number is impressed on the box too.  I was expecting mine to be numbered with a certificate - what is the point of a limited edition if there is nothing, apart from the box label, to say so.  Did they "forget" on purpose?  There is an old trick of so-called limited editions being released and a couple of years later the same model is re-released, unlimited, with no changes at half the price.

I think we need some feedback from Andy on this issue Sue ???

Not a great Britain's collector myself, but I'm impressed by the condition of all yours, especially your childhood stuff. I occasionally find bits of my early Britains in the garden.  :(

Thanks John...I think I was brought up to look after things ;) ;)

Straying off topic slighly but I do learn something new each day. Today Rick was telling me he paints watercolours and also does charity comedian stand ups show. And now I read between the lines that you are a keen gardener ;) ;)

I must say this has come as a slight suprise  to me. The spec sheet we sent off to Britains (and was signed off by them) has the numbered tampo feature included on all 3 items. I checked one GM item quickly on arrival which had 238 but obviously this appears not to be a tampo print. They certainly wont be re-releasing the model so the production runs are what they are. Its a bit frustrating though when you think you have ironed out potential problems by getting them to sign it off, and then they still mess it up!  >:(

Thanks for that, Andy.  As they say "the best laid plans of mice and men..." Next time I am sure you will make certain they know what they are doing on the numbering front!

It is a lovely model, though, and I am pleased to have it, numbered or not.  :) :)

Don't rub it in James

I remember making various Air Fix Car Kit's e.g. Ford Capri's, Gold Jaguar's and orange Bond Buggy etc all probably bought from the wonder of woollies aka "WoolWorth's" and then when around 13 I got a second hand .22 air rifle and shot all my models to bit's with a school friend of mine. Idiot's or not but we cannot turn the clock back and maybe that is a good thing ???

That's not gift wrapping! Gerrem out  ;D ;D

Well I know John but they are packed up so so good. Not only is there bubble wrap around the boxes there is poly beads inside the model box and cornflack packet cardboard protecting the cello also. In addition to this the box the models were in had paper and poly beans as added protection. I have bought quite a few Britain's over the past year or to from this person and what I like is the descriptions givenand photographs sent before agreeing a deal. Ah well the packaging is the icing on the cake. I wish everyone was as careful as this with packing.

I suppose I better had go and open them because I actually dying to see them as much as some of you ;D ;D

I must admit it is really pleasing when a seller takes the trouble to pack properly even though it means a lot of careful slicing and peeling to get to the models.  I have had models (not Tractors) simply wrapped in a used envelope inside another envelope with no real protection whatsoever.  I don't mind paying packing charges if the item is actually packed!

Archived