1:32 Claas Senator...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man from JD finally gets to see what a 'proper' green machine is like...  ;D ;D ;D

Temporarily added the control levers - these need painting before getting glued in. JD-man might also like some steps so he can get down I guess - manyana

post-1701-132638835775_thumb.jpg

post-1701-132638835783_thumb.jpg

Malcy goes Precision!! Will you be making a gold medal to go with it?! It's brilliant, the platform looks like it has started out pretty detailed already. How long must we wait untill she is done? In time for Carpet Wheat maybe?  ;):D

Malc, you make it seem so effortless!  It really is a fantastic model, getting better all the time.  Beats me why a Senator has never been done in 1/32, when you think of variants they could get out of it (Senator, Mercator etc).  But this build is just amazing, and it might spur me on to do something about the 'secret project' I've been thinking about for about a year now! ;)

And the last one for now...

::)  Just spotted the table needs a couple of patches to block up the holes, and the cover for the straw walker drive needs painting properly...  :-[  but they'll be jobs for tomorrow now!  ;D  Zzzzz....

post-1701-132638838136_thumb.jpg

out standing build malcy, used to watch one for hours from nans back garden,rumbling away all day , with the david browns,996 & 1390's hauling titan loads away from it & closely followed by the 1390 & claas constant baler  :)

proper machinery ,sunny summers, long hot days , a tin of topdeck & all's well with the world  :) :) :)

seems ages away though  :'(

I've been watching this topic and drooling over the keyboard at the same time  ;D great build you've done there malcy, just one thing wheres the "manns of saxham" decal ;):) :)

Mind reader...!!  :) I'm not that proficient at Photoshop yet - I was going to try to make these but at gone midnight I left them for another day!

post-1701-132638838144_thumb.jpg

What a stunning piece of work. It beats me how you can paint it when it's part built and then add more bits to it without it ending up looking "Tatty" You must have a good eye for scale as everything looks in proportion and you don't seem to have had too many trial builds to get it right.

I have two dreams of machines I want to build and one in particular. The first is a Claas Jaguar SF 80 self propelled forager of the seventies, the first they made, and secondly I'd love to build a three ton trailer and some implements for my UH Power Major. No doubt making 1/16th scale would be easier.

My biggest hold up is that I'm the sort of person who prefers to have several days on the trot to do that sort of thing. I hate working in sporadic bursts. The other problem with 1/16th being finding the right size wheels and my lack of experience. Only thing I've made so far were some grain buckets for my Loadall, and a 4wd Ford 6600 which turned out really well.  :)